The Student Room Group

Parking sign question

I don't have a resident's permit but i will apply for one soon and this is the sign on my road (see attached pic)

Does this mean that outside mon-fri 9am to 5pm, i am allowed to park in the bay on that road without having to pay or show a permit? I can't see any other signs nearby so is it safe to assume i can park anywhere along that road?
Original post by InadequateJusticex

Does this mean that outside mon-fri 9am to 5pm, i am allowed to park in the bay on that road without having to pay or show a permit? I can't see any other signs nearby so is it safe to assume i can park anywhere along that road?

(1) Yes. (2) Probably.
Original post by Good bloke
(1) Yes. (2) Probably.

That's good. Can you elaborate on the probably?
That's good. Can you elaborate on the probably?

You need to examine the way bays are marked as well as the signs (which could be on buildings as well as street furniture) before reaching a conclusion.

By the way, I would read that sign to mean even permit holders cannot stay longer than three hours between 9am and 5pm, and if you hope to stay longer I would check with the local authority first.
(edited 8 years ago)
I don't have a resident's permit but i will apply for one soon and this is the sign on my road (see attached pic)

Is this in Bristol?
You need to examine the way bays are marked as well as the signs (which could be on buildings as well as street furniture) before reaching a conclusion.

By the way, I would read that sign to mean even permit holders cannot stay longer than three hours between 9am and 5pm, and if you hope to stay longer I would check with the local authority first.

I had a look on google earth and none of the bays look special? It's just a long line of them. I'd attach a pic but i cant for some reason. And yeah i shouldn't need to stay for longer than 3 hours so thats not a problem. :smile:
Original post by shaymarriott
Is this in Bristol?

Yeah, how did you know?:eek:
Yeah, how did you know?:eek:

Your signature gives a big clue.
Your signature gives a big clue.

Oh right. I'm posting on my phone and it doesn't show anyone's signature and i forgot mine shows automatically :tongue:
Oh right. I'm posting on my phone and it doesn't show anyone's signature and i forgot mine shows automatically :tongue:

I'm also on my phone - can't see anyone's signatures! I live on On Cotham Hill!
Original post by shaymarriott
I'm also on my phone - can't see anyone's signatures! I live on On Cotham Hill!

Lucky! I was in highbury villas last year and it was such a trek from clifton down Sainsbury's back home :frown:
Reply 11
Call up the council and ask, or better still send them an email and get the CORRECT reply.
Original post by wknight
Call up the council and ask, or better still send them an email and get the CORRECT reply.

Given that it's where I live, the correct reply is that you must have a permit between those times, or you can stay up to 3 hours as pay and display.

Outside those times there are no permit restrictions. Motorcycles don't need a permit.
Sometimes the councils do this **** on purpose.They make the signs deliberately confusing to understand to get people to park and then fine them for it. I saw this exceptionally confusing one near Kings College Hospital, I was gathered with a group of like 5 people trying to understand what the **** the sign even meant.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending