The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

If diouf got put in a fifa 100 then there's something seriously up. However like peles list it's widely influenced by nation so there a huge variety. Otherwise itd be largely South Americans. He may get in.

I think he knows more than yes https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=l-dJyNpVK1U
Reply 41
Best thing Diouf has ever given football is that Warnock outburst post-match, where he labelled him a "sewer rat".

Hilarious. Mind you, didn't Warnock go on to sign him?
Reply 42
No surgery for Henderson, just a series of injections.

No Milner and Benteke for Thurs. Youngsters Rossiter, Branagan, Cleary and Randall travels
Hope Brendan isn't being complacent about Europe, Bordeaux are a good side.
Reply 44
Delete this ****ing front page!

@Motorbiker this is an outragee
Reply 45
Original post by AR_95

Umad

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 46
Original post by AR_95

#salty
Reply 47
No Lucas, Lovren, Clyne, Benteke, Skrtel and Milner. Coutinho and Lallana in v Bordeaux
Reply 48
Original post by mr tim
No Lucas, Lovren, Clyne, Benteke, Skrtel and Milner. Coutinho and Lallana in v Bordeaux

That only leaves Can and Rossiter for midfield?

Not sure about sending such a weak team..

Mignolet/Bogdan
Gomez Toure Sakho Moreno
Can Rossiter
Ibe Lallana Coutinho
Origi

Sounds like what we'll be playing.
Reply 49
Original post by Zerforax
That only leaves Can and Rossiter for midfield?

Not sure about sending such a weak team..

Mignolet/Bogdan
Gomez Toure Sakho Moreno
Can Rossiter
Ibe Lallana Coutinho
Origi

Sounds like what we'll be playing.

What about Ings?
I don't think that team is as weak as you make our - it's just the midfield that's embarrassing.
Everything else is actually pretty decent in my opinion.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 50
We've delivered less crosses into the box than any other team. We bought Benteke. Both of his goals have come from crosses.

As you were.
Reply 51
I'm not here to cause trouble and generate negativity, I will admit I am an Arsenal fan.
I have a question for Liverpool fans.
Honestly
1.) Do you believe you can win the premier league in the next 3 seasons?
2.) Where would you rank Liverpool in a list of England's best sides right now? (I would genuinely rank Arsenal as 3rd and Liverpool as 5th).
Original post by JOO93
I'm not here to cause trouble and generate negativity, I will admit I am an Arsenal fan.
Honestly
2.) Where would you rank Liverpool in a list of England's best sides right now? (I would genuinely rank Arsenal as 3rd and Liverpool as 5th).

1 - Not if Rodgers is still at the helm of the club; he still has his job because of Luis Suarez in my opinion. He plays too many players out of position, and Lovren over Sakho??? No justification for that.

2 - When you say best side, do you mean in terms of quality of players? Or playing the best football? Because I would say teams like Leicester and West Ham have been playing top football over the past couple of weeks. With the squad we have I'd like to think we could get top 4, but I can't see Arsenal or Chelsea doing worse than us this season
Reply 53
Original post by Lúcio
What about Ings?
I don't think that team is as weak as you make our - it's just the midfield that's embarrassing.
Everything else is actually pretty decent in my opinion.

Posted from TSR Mobile

He can be first sub? He got a start against Man Utd so surely others deserve a chance?
Considering our form, a big win would actually be preferable even if we sent our strongest team instead of rotating.

He's just a bag of delusion. I read in the Metro that Diouf claims that every great player would put him in their top 100 best footballers. Err if you make it, don't you think Gerrard would be higher than you..?

You read it wrong. He said he was named in the top 100 player list of the century. Which he was a few years back when pele made the list for FIFA.
Reply 55
Original post by JOO93
Honestly

1) Highly unlikely but never say never?
2) Easily 5th but potentially even 6th best since Spurs have finished above us a few times now.

As an Arsenal fan, do you think you should start supporting all English clubs in the Champions League and Europa League considering there is a risk that the Premier League could lose the 4th CL spot (based on league co-efficients) which is most likely to hurt Arsenal?
Reply 56
Liverpool already have a couple of left backs in the squad for Thursday.

Ings wont be needed.
Reply 57
Original post by atom y humber
You read it wrong. He said he was named in the top 100 player list of the century. Which he was a few years back when pele made the list for FIFA.

Pele is a muppet

Great footballer =/= great authority on the sport
Reply 58
Original post by Bubzeh
Liverpool already have a couple of left backs in the squad for Thursday.

Ings wont be needed.

What do you make of the digs/attacks on Rafa by Gerrard in his autobiography?
Reply 59
What do you make of the digs/attacks on Rafa by Gerrard in his autobiography?

Pathetic really. Somebody mentioned that he contradicts himself (in all of the book) and it's the same about Rafa. Since day one Rafa always referred to Gerrard as Stevie to the press. Hard to believe it was "Gerrard" behind closed doors and in training.

He got the best out of Gerrard (and Carragher). They both earned world class status under him, won the CL, got to another final, FA Cup, pushed the best United side under SAF all the way, got ranked #1 team in Europe etc. Gerrard scored the most goals he has ever scored in a campaign, he and Torres were incredible, had Alonso and Masch behind him for protection and a workhorse like Kuyt to his right (who was just special watching live), he played in the best team he's ever played in and even Gerrard himself admitted that.

So why on earth Gerrard would be so disrespectful I don't know. He just likes his Brendans / Roys / Redknapps who throw their arm around you and win loads of trophy's domestically and around Europe. Like I said on the last page, I'd love to read the chapter about Roy's arrival and the influence Gerrard and Carragher had on that selection.

Don't think that "rant", which wasn't a rant, cost Liverpool anything at all either. We went on our best run after that and it deflected the attention away from the thug moment Gerrard had for smacking that DJ a few days before (I think it was a few days anyway).

Going off on a tangent but I lost all respect for Gerrard and Carragher as people (and consequently handed my season ticket in) when they were the ones pushing for Roy to replace Rafa while he was the one fighting Hicks and Gillette on his own. People that say FSG are no good for Liverpool should rewind and remember the state LFC were in before them.

Great way to spend a break at work. YNWA

Latest