The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lúcio
One thing that really pissed me off was how wasteful we were; 2-1 flattered Spurs immensely. Although this isn't a league game so GD doesn't apply, therefore a win is a win and on to the next round!

I still look it as how creative we are since in most games we fashion out a ton of chances. One game it will all go right and we'll win like 6-0 :colondollar:
Original post by Zerforax
I still look it as how creative we are since in most games we fashion out a ton of chances. One game it will all go right and we'll win like 6-0 :colondollar:

Very true - even our reserves still carve teams open :wink:

I'm not sure I like our relationship with 2-1 scorelines. Just once I want us to be 2-0 up and actually make it 3-0.

Although we all know our relationship with 3-0 scorelines... :frown:
Original post by Lúcio

I'm not sure I like our relationship with 2-1 scorelines. Just once I want us to be 2-0 up and actually make it 3-0.

Well Palace next and no doubt Benteke will score against us.
Well Palace next and no doubt Benteke will score against us.

He'll be the scorer in our 2-1 victory...
The only thing which really surprised me was that Ings didn't start.. I imagine he's been having full games with the U23 so why not 90 minutes last night instead of 22 mins? Only seemed to come on after Origi got cramp too.

Could've played instead of Ejaria who won't play much in the league this season? Maybe Klopp thinks having Sturridge and Origi more sharp is important over Ings. Would anyone be surprised if he gets sold/on loan in January? He might be a Klopp type player but with so many quality players ahead of him and having already missed a year of football, can he afford to sit on the bench for another year?
Sturridge and Origi looked lively today. Grujic looks decent but probably needs a year or to develop further. Mignolet looked solid, Moreno terrible etc.
Hopefully we get an easy draw in the next round!

Moreno did quite well actually, not sure what game you were watching.
Reply 9866
Original post by Dodgypirate

Going forward he was alright. At the back, he was very lucky not to get caught out on a number of occasions, and it was only really Tottenham's terrible final balls that saved him. It was when it 2-1 with 5 minutes to go and he was nowhere to be seen in defence as they attacked which really pissed me off.
Original post by Dodgypirate

Didn't get up the pitch that much. A couple of wild tackles in there as usual.

The chance they had towards the end, Moreno was on the halfway line as we casually got carved open..

I'm happy to stick with Milner for now.
Original post by Lúcio

I just want us to be 2-0 up and being someone on that can defend rather than another striker.

i understand that defending starts from the front, but Origi and Sturridge aren't Firmino.
Leeds at home
Not even bothering trying to beat Mr Tim this time.

Happy with that, exactly the draw I wanted.
Arsenal v Southampton
Hull v Newcastle
Manchester United v West Ham
Liverpool v Leeds

Means another couple of big teams will go out and we probably got the weakest team in the draw at home :biggrin:
A Liverpool v United final would be lovely. :sogood:
Arsenal v Southampton
Hull v Newcastle
Manchester United v West Ham
Liverpool v Leeds

Means another couple of big teams will go out and we probably got the weakest team in the draw at home :biggrin:

I would've taken Hull over Leeds honestly, but still a good draw.

Can't underestimate those Championship teams - they will love playing a PL team and they'll really go for it.

Being at home is a big deal.
We can put out a weakened side again at home and keep our first XI fresh :biggrin:
By my reckoning it'll come between Sunderland at home and Bournemouth away, can't see us needing to rest players.
Original post by Lúcio
I would've taken Hull over Leeds honestly, but still a good draw.

Can't underestimate those Championship teams - they will love playing a PL team and they'll really go for it.

Being at home is a big deal.

Ehh Leeds in patchy form. Newcastle would've been tougher since in good form and Rafa coming back.

Looks like one team will luck out and get the winner of Hull/Newcastle in the semi-finals.
Ehh Leeds in patchy form. Newcastle would've been tougher since in good form and Rafa coming back.

Looks like one team will luck out and get the winner of Hull/Newcastle in the semi-finals.

Honestly people are underestimating Newcastle - they're certainly better than a lot of Premier League sides at the moment.

The hope is that Hull beat them and we draw them in the semis. Then we thrash United in the final :biggrin:
Original post by Lúcio
Then we thrash United in the final :biggrin:

You'll get Mourinho'd again except this time we'll nick a win and it will be even more painful for you :biggrin:
Original post by trapking
You'll get Mourinho'd again except this time we'll nick a win and it will be even more painful for you :biggrin:

Cute.

Latest