The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Lúcio
Don't ruin it...

Watch 2nd string Liverpool side in EL or more The Walking Dead tonight? :colondollar:

Original post by Bubzeh
Kolo Toure will be the Liverpool Football Club Captain tonight...

Let that sink in.

To be fair Toure has been captain/vice-captain at Arsenal, Man City and for the Ivory Coast. Might not be first team quality now but he's got a lot of experience.
Original post by Zerforax
To be fair Toure has been captain/vice-captain at Arsenal, Man City and for the Ivory Coast. Might not be first team quality now but he's got a lot of experience.

This. He'll probably be the most senior player playing tonight.
Toure provides great banter, remember when he outskilled Ronaldo at the Bernabau xD.
Original post by Mackay
Yeah. Tears down his face post-game on the coach, apparently.

Something else on Gerrard. Last night, he was saying how there's obviously frostiness behind the scenes between Mourinho and JT because the latter isn't starting. Surely that's the same for Rodgers and Sakho? Come on, Stevie, speak up.

Why would he speak up, hes a ****ing coward.
Subbed
Reply 85
Out of the players that have made the trip I would set us up like this,

-------------------------Bogdan
-----Gomez----------Toure(c)----------Sakho
Ibe----------Rossiter----------Emre Can----------Moreno
-------------------------Coutinho
--------------------Origi----------Ings

Subs: Mignolet, Randall, Cleary, Brannagan, Phillips, Lallana, Firmino

Three at the back isn't everyone's cup of tea but I think it would be the best formation with the players selected. Think Bogdan will start as Rodgers used Brad Jones in this competition three seasons ago. Having Rossiter and Emre Can will allow Moreno and Ibe to get forward more and support the front three.
I'm going to go for:

Bogdan
Randall Toure Sakho Gomez
Ibe Rossiter Moreno
Ings Origi Firmino
Reply 87
Before the season started, I was pulling for Rodgers to use a second-string side for the majority of the Europa League. Now, though, I'm unsure whether that is the right way for us to go.

We aren't in a situation where we can prioritise competitions, in my opinion. I'd actually like us to have a good crack at the Europa League. We should navigate ourselves out of the group regardless of team, barring some sort of disaster.
Reply 88
Original post by Mackay
Before the season started, I was pulling for Rodgers to use a second-string side for the majority of the Europa League. Now, though, I'm unsure whether that is the right way for us to go.

We aren't in a situation where we can prioritise competitions, in my opinion. I'd actually like us to have a good crack at the Europa League. We should navigate ourselves out of the group regardless of team, barring some sort of disaster.

Well I wanted to see players like Markovic, Wisdom, Allen, Can, Lovren etc all get minutes instead we've had a few injuries so they're getting minutes and the others were sent out on loan.
Reply 89
Realistically, the teams joining the EL from the CL after the group stage will be Shakhtar, PSV or Man United, Galatasaray, Man City or Sevilla, Roma or Leverkusen, Olympiacos, Dynamo Kiev, and Lyon or Valencia.

The EL is not to be taken lightly. We can get vital experience from doing well in it.
Reply 90
EL ****s up your title chances, so it should be perfect for you.
Reply 91
As if we have any title "chances" anyway.
Reply 92
Sakho to be captain, not Toure as originally thought.
Reply 93
Mignolet, Gomez, Toure, Sakho, Moreno, Rossiter, Can, Ibe, Lallana, Coutinho, Origi

Subs: Bogdan, Firmino, Ings, Brannagan, Randall, Cleary, Chirivella
Looks like we are playing a back 3?
Reply 95
Read it again.
Reply 96
Original post by samir12
Looks like we are playing a back 3?

Mignolet
Gomez Toure Sakho Moreno
Can Rossiter
Ibe Lallana Coutinho
Origi

I think it's that? Or Lallana/Coutinho will form part of the midfield trio to make it a 4-3-3 which Rodgers has been trying so far.
Original post by Rk2k14
EL ****s up your title chances, so it should be perfect for you.

Wouldn't say that tbh, they had 0 chance without the EL and 0 chance with it so it'll have no effect on them

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 98
Original post by sr90
Wouldn't say that tbh, they had 0 chance without the EL and 0 chance with it so it'll have no effect on them

Posted from TSR Mobile

Joke fam:redface:

Why do you have to be such a mod?:colonhash:
Reply 99
Original post by mr tim
Sakho to be captain, not Toure as originally thought.

THANK GOD.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest