The Student Room Group
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

Microsoft Office 365

I've been reading about software availability at UH and wondered if it's possible to download Office 365 to my personal computer through Studynet?

Thanks
No idea - but Google Docs will suffice for most everyday activity required. Unless you plan to make some pretty hardcore spreadsheets it works great. All you need is a Google account.

Microsoft do offer student packages so it is worth looking around for.

Good luck!
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
Thanks for your reply!

I did manage to find a way to do it- I went to the Microsoft Office website and signed in with my Uni login and it redirected me to a page for UH students to log in and download the package :smile:
Alas I am not at university. I was pretty chipper about getting hold of Office 2000 for about £70 back in the day!
Original post by Megadunsparce
Thanks for your reply!

I did manage to find a way to do it- I went to the Microsoft Office website and signed in with my Uni login and it redirected me to a page for UH students to log in and download the package :smile:

Hey! Just wondering how did you do this? Is it possible for free? :eek:
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Hey! Just wondering how did you do this? Is it possible for free? :eek:

I found the Office website (products.office.com) then clicked "sign in" the top right corner, this drops down a list where you can select "work, school or university". I clicked that and entered my Herts Uni login ([email protected]) and at this point it redirected me to a HU page where I logged in and downloaded everything for free!

I don't know how I worked it out or if I was even supposed to do it, but it worked :P
you Honestly can, i downloaded it the other day .. here's the link on Studynet http://www.studynet2.herts.ac.uk/ptl/common/LIS.nsf/lis/Office365?opendocument&login or just go to office.herts.ac.uk (And type in you're username followed by @herts.ac.uk
Original post by Megadunsparce
I found the Office website (products.office.com) then clicked "sign in" the top right corner, this drops down a list where you can select "work, school or university". I clicked that and entered my Herts Uni login ([email protected]) and at this point it redirected me to a HU page where I logged in and downloaded everything for free!

I don't know how I worked it out or if I was even supposed to do it, but it worked :P

Original post by lukeisfantasy
you Honestly can, i downloaded it the other day .. here's the link on Studynet http://www.studynet2.herts.ac.uk/ptl/common/LIS.nsf/lis/Office365?opendocument&login or just go to office.herts.ac.uk (And type in you're username followed by @herts.ac.uk

You guys are life savers! Thank you soooo much, and to think I was going to spend nearly a hundred quid on the package :colonhash:

Cheers :h:
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
You guys are life savers! Thank you soooo much, and to think I was going to spend nearly a hundred quid on the package :colonhash:

Cheers :h:

Aw glad we could help!! :biggrin:
Hi guys.

Was wondering if this free Office 365 for students lasts only while you are at uni or does it stay fully working on your PC/Mac after you finish uni?

Cheers

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mj1dan2014
Hi guys.

Was wondering if this free Office 365 for students lasts only while you are at uni or does it stay fully working on your PC/Mac after you finish uni?

Cheers

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm pretty sure as office 365 is a rolling subscription thing that it'll expire when you leave uni. Says as much in the FAQ here: https://products.office.com/en-gb/student/office-in-education
Original post by moonkatt
I'm pretty sure as office 365 is a rolling subscription thing that it'll expire when you leave uni. Says as much in the FAQ here: https://products.office.com/en-gb/student/office-in-education

Ah right. Thanks. That is a shame, I thought it stays...☹️

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending