The Student Room Group

Bristol Medical School A100 Entry 2016

Hi there! Noticed that there isn't a thread yet for this years applicants. So have you written your PS yet, what are your predicted grades, any reason for choosing Bristol?
Reply 1
I can't believe no one has applied yet.. Maybe I'm just an early bird.. or bloke I mean:P
Original post by ibraa
I can't believe no one has applied yet.. Maybe I'm just an early bird.. or bloke I mean:P

Hey, I'm applying to Bristol and I just got my personal statement checked so ill be (hopefully) sending my stuff off tomorrow (how scary :/ ) My predictions are 3A* (Doubt I'll get that though) and I've chosen Bristol because I love the city and the course :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by izzy.burns
Hey, I'm applying to Bristol and I just got my personal statement checked so ill be (hopefully) sending my stuff off tomorrow (how scary :/ ) My predictions are 3A* (Doubt I'll get that though) and I've chosen Bristol because I love the city and the course :smile:

Well done! As Bristol is PS heavy (80%) it is definitely a good idea to get as many people to proof-read it as you can.. What work experience do you have? Most important, why did you decide to pursue such a competitive career?:smile:
Original post by ibraa
Well done! As Bristol is PS heavy (80%) it is definitely a good idea to get as many people to proof-read it as you can.. What work experience do you have? Most important, why did you decide to pursue such a competitive career?:smile:

Thanks :smile: I've done GP, neonatal and pediatric in terms of medical WE. Ive also done: 2 years voluntary St Johns Ambulance, 1 year 4th stage dementia ward, cooking in a homeless shelter in my holidays, and 2 schools for children with special needs (adding up to a year in total). I REALLY want to pursue medicine due to fact its an altruistic career with loads of contact with people, and I've always loved science (particularly biology and chemistry :smile: )

What about you? What are you stats like?
Reply 5
Wow, that's a lot of work experience! I've already achieved A*A*A* last year and went on a gap year to get a better insight into medicine. I shadowed a GP, worked at an ICU ward with a anaesthetist and finally with a research fellow at the same ward.

My motivation is that I love science and the thought of using it to heal people and make a difference is thrilling and would be very satisfying.
Wow congrats on your results! you must be super smart :smile: Where else are you thinking of applying, and have you done UKCAT yet?
Reply 7
Haha, thanks. Super-smart: No, motivated: yes:biggrin: I am yet to do my UKCAT and tbh although I'm applying to a couple of other unis, I would only accept an offer from Bristol as I really like the course content.. You?
Woah you must be really set on bristol! I'm also applying to Cardiff, Nottingham and Southampton - I'd be so happy if any of these places take me :smile:
GCSE's: 2A*'s 9A's 1C
AS Levels: AAAA
A2 Levels: A*A*A

what are my chances ?
Reply 10
Original post by justinamarina
GCSE's: 2A*'s 9A's 1C
AS Levels: AAAA
A2 Levels: A*A*A

what are my chances ?

As we said earlier it's only 20% marks and 80% Personal Statement, so your chance rest with your PS..
Hi guys. I know that this thread has been dead for over 2 years but I have a question for those who are already studying med at Bristol. So I'm an EU student and although I got 3 interviews ,I've been rejected from 2 of them so kinda losing hope. Bristol sent me a rejection pre interview but gave me a place in biomed. Does anyone know weather they might allow me to transfer in med after a year? of course by re taking UKCAT and having good results from biomed?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending