The Student Room Group

What are these Posting Tips and Why don't they expire?

I was browsing my community record as one does I happened across a posting tip which never expires.

Why don't they expire?
Original post by DiddyDec
I was browsing my community record as one does I happened across a posting tip which never expires.

Why don't they expire?

Posting tips are a level down from blue cards, and they won't escalate into a higher card if you accumulate them - I assume that's at least partly the reason why they don't expire, as it makes little difference either way.
Reply 2
Original post by shadowdweller
Posting tips are a level down from blue cards, and they won't escalate into a higher card if you accumulate them - I assume that's at least partly the reason why they don't expire, as it makes little difference either way.

So they replaced the "reminder" system then?

Well, get rid of them.

Pls.

Not as such, the reminders/blue cards still exist. But posting tips are designed for minor infractions such as posting in the wrong section, bumping an old thread and the like - they don't escalate further, they're just to remind you of the rules.

Blue cards are still used for offensive posts etc, and can still escalate to a higher card or a ban if you get too many.
Reply 5
Not as such, the reminders/blue cards still exist. But posting tips are designed for minor infractions such as posting in the wrong section, bumping an old thread and the like - they don't escalate further, they're just to remind you of the rules.

Blue cards are still used for offensive posts etc, and can still escalate to a higher card or a ban if you get too many.

Apparently they are also used for offensive posts, which is what mine is for. Thanks for clearing that up.
Thanks to my posting "tips" my record never expires. RAGFH!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Apparently they are also used for offensive posts, which is what mine is for. Thanks for clearing that up.

Well, they can be used for offensive posts too - the level of card will depend on the severity :smile:
Posting Tips are only tips - with advice to help you :smile:

No they don't - reminders are still used

The order that cards/tips are used is as follows, from minor offences to major offences:

1) Posting tips
2) Blue cards/reminders
3) Yellow cards/warnings
4) Red cards/temp ban
5) Black card/perm ban

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending