The Student Room Group

STUCK!!

Hi guys, I'm currently in year 13 doing my a2s.. Ive had my mind set on doing a psychology degree, but now I feel I want to go down a science route and do something like radiography as I feel like I would enjoy it more.. the issue is that my A levels psychology, religious studies and art are not accepted on any science course- only psychology degree entry requirements.. Is it worth taking another 2 years out to go to a college, do a science a level/ course and then apply? Go to uni when Im 20? - If I do this can I use my previous a levels as well as the extra a level im taking when applying through ucas so they count as 3? or do I have to start again? An science access course would be great as Im only taking a year out but I hear you have to be 19, so I couldn't do that. OR. could I do a 3 year psychology degree and somehow use this to get into radiography?- if I go through adjustment- there is one uni that accepts psychology a level to get into radiography- but its not guaranteed! Im just not sure what approach to take to get into a science based degree

Sorry for the 1000s of questons!

Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
You might qualify for like a one year science foundation course?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Sorry I can't give much advice. If you were doing a science A-level as well it would have been fine, some uni's accept psychology as long as it's in conjunction with a science related subject. Your choice very much depends on when you want to go to university; do you want it to be soon or are you perfectly happy to wait another 2-3 years? Also, you need to be certain of which university you want to go to, don't just pick one out of convenience, you really have to research and find which one is best for you.

I didn't do A-levels myself, I did a science access course and am about to start my radiography degree (on Monday!). I would advise getting some work experience within a radiology department first - most uni's require this as a condition of entry anyway. Be sure that radiography is 100% what you want to do. I actually started out studying nursing, but realised it wasn't the right career path for me and left to pursue radiography, it took me just over 2 years to get back to this point but I got there with hard work and determination.

Best of luck with whatever you decide.
Reply 3
Original post by MrJay
Sorry I can't give much advice. If you were doing a science A-level as well it would have been fine, some uni's accept psychology as long as it's in conjunction with a science related subject. Your choice very much depends on when you want to go to university; do you want it to be soon or are you perfectly happy to wait another 2-3 years? Also, you need to be certain of which university you want to go to, don't just pick one out of convenience, you really have to research and find which one is best for you.

I didn't do A-levels myself, I did a science access course and am about to start my radiography degree (on Monday!). I would advise getting some work experience within a radiology department first - most uni's require this as a condition of entry anyway. Be sure that radiography is 100% what you want to do. I actually started out studying nursing, but realised it wasn't the right career path for me and left to pursue radiography, it took me just over 2 years to get back to this point but I got there with hard work and determination.

Best of luck with whatever you decide.
hi, thanks for replying, its not ideal to wait another 2 yrs but I don't mind doing it- theres not really another way to do a science qualification and get into uni quicker :/- I might just have to complete my current a levels and do a biology a level in 2 years and apply with bio, psychology and rs- if im allowed to apply with old qualifications? not sure.. Anyway good luck with ur degree!
Reply 4
[FffffcvbQUOTE]You might qualify for like a one year science foundation course?

Hi do you know of any ?
Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending