The Student Room Group
Reply 1
it's about reducing pollution from car fumes and heterogenous catalysts...slightly better than the one last year about tyres!
It doesn't look too bad, and most of it you need for the exam (how pollutants are formed in the car engine/how catalysts work/production of acid rain) so it's good revision.

xx
S
Reply 2
could you at all scan the sheets in plz????? :smile: :smile:
Reply 3
You haven't got yours yet? :s-smilie: Ours have to be in Thrusday 18:30 max.
I'm getting mine on Monday...:eek:
Reply 5
Handed mine in today.
Reply 6
handed mine in today, due in tomorrow.

Last years was better IMO, didn't like this years.
Reply 7
I thought last years was harder, this years was pretty straight forward i thought.
Reply 8
i'm kinda stuck on the different engine different emissions. have however discovered what's wrong with my mum's car, the whole 'eggy smell' bit!!

(don't have a scanner, sorry Tom!)
Reply 9
i still havent got my open book yet, getting mine on thurs 15th. can those that have done it give me any links to useful websites, ideas or just general handy hints if possible?;please; ive done the bit about catalysts and car fumes in DF but we havent done the atmosphere topic yet, is this bad?

All help appreciated
Reply 10
We're not starting ours untill after Easter, which is bad because i kinda have to start revising then.....NOOOOOOOOOO!!!! So, can anybody post the question up or scan the booklet plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz so i can relieve the pressure when i do start. If you can't scan it on, could someone plz just go over the main points I should be saying etc. so i can just start early on a few points. This would be sooooooooooo helpful. Thanks!!!!!!!!
Reply 11
hi there
We're not starting ours untill after Easter, which is bad because i kinda have to start revising then.....NOOOOOOOOOO!!!! So, can anybody post the question up or scan the booklet plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz so i can relieve the pressure when i do start. If you can't scan it on, could someone plz just go over the main points I should be saying etc. so i can just start early on a few points. This would be sooooooooooo helpful. Thanks!!!!!!!!

That really is a crap time to be having it. Can't you just ask for it and say i'll hand it in, in two weeks time like you're supposed to?
Reply 12
hi there

can anybody scan plzzzzzzzzzzzzz?
Reply 13
yeh can anyone scan the questions or post links to information that they have been using

im starting mine on monday and need to get the best result i can as i got a D in my january exam

regards

yus786
Reply 14
what were people four last points in their summary? I just can't think of any. PLZZZZZZZZ
Reply 15
i know this has been said many a time but can some1 pls scan the questions or even booklet if possible.

im being set the open book on thurs but my teacher, being a moron, is also setting acid titration coursework at the same time.

if possible cud some1 pls do this so i can get ahead
Has to be said; scanning the booklet or divulging the questions is cheating for both parties and if discovered could / would lead to consequences, e.g anywhere between c/w mark being deleted up to banned from all OCR (salters examboard) exams

Two weeks is plenty of time to do the open book (trust me, i did least years on car tyres, horrible paper) so long as you use the time sensibly, not wait until two days before the deadline. Just use the info in the paper as well as external sources and keep to the word limit!

Go to http://www.wpbschoolhouse.btinternet.co.uk/page06/AScoursework/OpenBook1.htm
for alot of useful (non-specific or cheating) tips
Reply 17
yay for themanwiththeplan! seriously, you may be the reason i might pass chemistry this year! that website is brill thank you v v v v much!!

yay!#excited#

Latest