The Student Room Group

Anyone applying to University of Southampton for Audiology 2016?

Hey! I got accepted to University of Southampton for Audiology for 2015 but I deferred to 2016 ( so I'll be starting next year September instead) . I was wondering if anyone is applying there and needs any advice or help let me know :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Heyy congratulations
I'm applying there as well sending it off tomorrow. Did you get an interview for it?
Hi did you have to do interviews for your other university choices in addition to this uni? (Also which unis did you apply to?)
Reply 3
Southampton don't usually do interviews. Middlesex do. Don't think de Montford does.
What about Selection days?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jtavinuya
What about Selection days?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi have you sent off your application yet?
Original post by alevelstudent01
Hi have you sent off your application yet?

No 😒 hopefully will by the end of this week!!
No 😒 hopefully will by the end of this week!!

Where are you applying?
Where are you applying?

Oh btw applying for cardiac physiology, not audiology! (I know it says audiology lol but courses both fall under healthcare and would really like to go to southampton)

Southampton leeds UWE middlesex and st georges

And you?
Oh btw applying for cardiac physiology, not audiology! (I know it says audiology lol but courses both fall under healthcare and would really like to go to southampton)

Southampton leeds UWE middlesex and st georges

And you?

That course looked really interesting however I was unsure of what career the course led to. I am applying to aston, southampton, manchester, leeds and demontford. This is very irrelevant, but are you tamil?
That course looked really interesting however I was unsure of what career the course led to. I am applying to aston, southampton, manchester, leeds and demontford. This is very irrelevant, but are you tamil?

Ah that sounds good. Have you sent off yours yet? And nope LOOOOOL not even close :smile:
Ah that sounds good. Have you sent off yours yet? And nope LOOOOOL not even close :smile:

Yeaah i have. LOOOL oh awks:'( your name sounds really tamil
Original post by claudiasahara
Hey! I got accepted to University of Southampton for Audiology for 2015 but I deferred to 2016 ( so I'll be starting next year September instead) . I was wondering if anyone is applying there and needs any advice or help let me know :smile:

Did the universities check your medical records for fitness to practise? Did the gp have to fill in a form and if so what kind of questions were asked? Thankyou in advance
anyone have an idea of what the salary is like? Ive heard many people say that some graduates have been offerred £30k+ in the first year or two, whilst having many other good perks such a company car, phones food paid for travel costs etc. Does anyone also have any information about the private sector and how that works and what the salary is like.
Reply 14
Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM
anyone have an idea of what the salary is like? Ive heard many people say that some graduates have been offerred £30k+ in the first year or two, whilst having many other good perks such a company car, phones food paid for travel costs etc. Does anyone also have any information about the private sector and how that works and what the salary is like.

You need to do some more research yourself. Here's something to get you started, but don't take it as gospel: http://www.indeed.co.uk/Audiologist-jobs
Original post by ayeeel
You need to do some more research yourself. Here's something to get you started, but don't take it as gospel: http://www.indeed.co.uk/Audiologist-jobs

I have, those websites are no good because we wont be going through them i was asking if people know anyone or if they themselves, have qualified recently. Therefore, the figures they say will be alot more accurate. Ive already looked at reed and indeed etc
Reply 16
Original post by ayeeel
Southampton don't usually do interviews. Middlesex do. Don't think de Montford does.

What about Leeds?
Reply 17
Hey guys,I have been accepted by Southampton for audiology. Basically, they invite you to a group discussion once you get selected. They wont reject you on the basis of the group discussion. There are three outcomes:
1. Your offer remains the same at AAB
2. They like you so much that they bring your grade requirements down to ABB.
3. If they have any doubts, you get called in for a personal interview which is not on the same day so dont fret if you do. This is more like a counselling session where they would like to know more about you and your interest in audiology.
The staff are extremely helpful and nice!!! They are there to help you to secure your offer.Before the group discussion, they ask you to read the NHS constitution and on the basis of which they give you your group discussion topics. I only had three people in my group discussion so it's not a massive one and its easy to get noticed.You have to dress up formally and the whole visit day is very chilled out so don't worry too much :smile:Good luck xxx
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by pk25
Hey guys,I have been accepted by Southampton for audiology. Basically, they invite you to a group discussion once you get selected. They wont reject you on the basis of the group discussion. There are three outcomes:
1. Your offer remains the same at AAB
2. They like you so much that they bring your grade requirements down to ABB.
3. If they have any doubts, you get called in for a personal interview which is not on the same day so dont fret if you do. This is more like a counselling session where they would like to know more about you and your interest in audiology.
The staff are extremely helpful and nice!!! They are there to help you to secure your offer.Before the group discussion, they ask you to read the NHS constitution and on the basis of which they give you your group discussion topics. I only had three people in my group discussion so it's not a massive one and its easy to get noticed. Our topic was something along the lines of "Certain areas don't offer hearing aid services to people with mild hearing problems, how do you think it aligns with the NHS constitution and what are the motivations behind this?".You have to dress up formally and the whole visit day is very chilled out so don't worry too much :smile:Good luck xxx

Hey i got offered a place too, 2 days after the interview.. I expected them to take a lot longer. Did your requirement go down?
(edited 8 years ago)
Do you happen to know the salary for those who just finished a degree either in the NHS or private sector?

Quick Reply

Latest