The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BaconandSauce
That will be interesting

He built a clock in a box that beeps. He took it into school for no reason other than to show it to a teacher it wasn't part of a project and no one asked him to build it. As a result of hearing it beep in his bag a teacher asked to view it and it all went downhill from there.

Hardly surprising people reacted this way but as I said 'better safe than sorry'

apparently he did show it to a 'engineering' teacher who told him not to show it to anyone else because of how it looked.It was only when it started beeping in a different classroom that it went pear shaped

Thanks.

A bleeping, wireless contraption discovered inside a bag that nobody was expecting. No wonder people were suspicious :biggrin:
“We always ask our students and staff to immediately report if they observe any suspicious items and/or suspicious behaviour… We will always take necessary precautions to protect our students and keep our school community as safe as possible.”

Islamophobic Idiots (apparently)!!!
Original post by Wilfred Little
Thanks.

A bleeping, wireless contraption discovered inside a bag that nobody was expecting. No wonder people were suspicious :biggrin:

I know right
Reply 44
Original post by queen-bee
No BS excuse justifies this. Let's be honest. He is black and Muslim. Coincidence much?

If this whole thing went another way and it was found that it actually was a bomb, what would you be saying then?

Would you be praising the school's security for preventing something tragic from happening? OR would you still be saying 'he is black and muslim coincidence much?'

Like what is it that you are so mad about? The fact that it seems that he was singled out because of being black and muslim? Well like I said before, it SUCKS that the sort of stereotype exists but it DOES.
Reply 45
Original post by Schrödingers Cat
You can't blame the police force with everything that's happened in America with schools, they were just doing there job after the teachers aroused suspicion

Charging the boy on making a hoax bomb is ridiculous however and he should not have been arrested after finding out the 'bomb' was a clock

Wait,when was the last time somebody brought a bomb into school in America? I thought it was mainly just shootings
Lame excuse

Well what you would think if you discovered a load of wires bleeping inside a bag? I bet it wouldn't be "well would you look at the time". Do you think it looks like a clock?

Once it was discovered that it wasn't a bomb then he should have been allowed back into school but the example you gave of that other kid who was doing that as part of a project (where the teachers would presumably have expected all sorts of odd things to be brought in) is totally incomparable. It's odd how you can't see the difference, or maybe you can but it doesn't fit your agenda so you're just choosing to ignore it.
Reply 47
Original post by MaseratiJay
I will say is although it can seem as if it was racially motivated, I'd rather this happen and everyone is safe than have them ignore it and a whole classroom of kids get blown to pieces (whether the person is muslim; christian; hindu; sikh; black; white; asian or other).

You sound paranoid, have you considered medication?
Reply 48
Social media says #IStandWithAhmed after the schoolboy was arrested for bringing homemade clock to school

Apparently the clock was mistaken for a bomb. This is just disgusting.
Islamophobia worsening every day.Arresting a 14-year-old Muslim boy who under any other name would be considered a genius.#IStandWithAhmed

Really? do you need to be reminded of all the horrific deaths from the hands of Muslim terrorists?

Now I'm not saying that all Muslims are terrorists, but all terrorists are Muslims, and they've made a REALLY bad track record for themselves over the past hundred years so It's better to be safe than sorry
Reply 49
That will be interesting

He built a clock in a box that beeps. He took it into school for no reason other than to show it to a teacher it wasn't part of a project and no one asked him to build it. As a result of hearing it beep in his bag a teacher asked to view it and it all went downhill from there.

Hardly surprising people reacted this way but as I said 'better safe than sorry'

What on earth are you on about it was a kid with a clock, you're not thinking rationally, you're consumed with paranoia.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 50
Wait,when was the last time somebody brought a bomb into school in America? I thought it was mainly just shootings

They tend to be linked look at columbine

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by n09
What on earth are you on about it was a kid with a clock, you're not thinking rationally.

You are the one who is not thinking rationally. You are acting as if he took an alarm clock resembling something like this - https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/8b/2010-07-20_Black_windup_alarm_clock_face.jpg into school and the teachers and police thought "it looks like a clock but **** it, he's a Muslim so let's stick the cuffs on him anyway for the bants".

:rolleyes:
(edited 8 years ago)
Anyone attempting to justify this is clearly allowing their own emotions and preconceptions cloud their judgement. The reason we have a justice system is to ensure that people are innocent until proven guilty. We do not act on mere suspicions. It's true that, there could have been a potential threat - it would be naive to disregard that, but I fail to understand how the situation escalated that far.

Supposing the teacher/students heard ticking coming from his bag and then their suspicions began to sprout. Why wasn't the kid allowed to explain himself? This could have been resolved had they just asked what was in his bag. "Oh, it's a clock I made myself. Here, take a look."

Not to mention if Ahmed's clock looks like the picture given in an earlier post. What kind of morons actually believe that a tiny motherboard and two small batteries could be used to cause an act of terrorism.

@queen-bee
@Wilfred Little
@BaconandSauce
@jedanselemyia
@MaseratiJay
@n09

This is wrong. And it's clear as day that this is centred around the fact that his name is 'Ahmed' and that he comes from a Muslim background. Anyone who is willing to contest the idea and propose that if a white child did the very same thing, they would receive the same reception is preposterous. They heard ticking from his bag, and they looked at a boy who was of Muslim faith - and the first thing that comes to their mind is 'terrorist'.

How sad.
(edited 8 years ago)
This is the clock he made. That is does not look like clock to the untrained. In fact one could quite easily mistake it for a bomb.

Reply 54
Original post by gijops
Really? do you need to be reminded of all the horrific deaths from the hands of Muslim terrorists?

Now I'm not saying that all Muslims are terrorists, but all terrorists are Muslims, and they've made a REALLY bad track record for themselves over the past hundred years so It's better to be safe than sorry

All terrorists are Muslims? News to me
Reply 55
You are the one who is not thinking rationally. :rolleyes:

I'm not the one living in fear of kids with clocks mate. :wink:
Original post by High Stakes
Not to mention if Ahmed's clock looks like the picture given in an earlier post. What kind of morons actually believe that a tiny motherboard and two small batteries could be used to cause an act of terrorism.

You sound quite knowledgeable in bomb making pal.
Reply 57
Original post by High Stakes
Anyone attempting to justify this is clearly allowing their own emotions and preconceptions cloud their judgement. The reason we have a justice system is to ensure that people are innocent until proven guilty. We do not act on mere suspicions. It's true that, there could have been a potential threat - it would be naive to disregard that, but I fail to understand how the situation escalated that far.

Supposing the teacher/students heard ticking coming from his bag and then their suspicions began to sprout. Why wasn't the kid allowed to explain himself? This could have been resolved had they just asked what was in his bag. "Oh, it's a clock I made myself. Here, take a look."

@queen-bee
@Wilfred Little
@BaconandSauce
@jedanselemyia
@MaseratiJay

This is wrong. And it's clear as day that this is centred around the fact that his name is 'Ahmed' and that he comes from a Muslim background. Anyone who is willing to contest the idea and propose that if a white child did the very same thing, they would receive the same reception is preposterous. They heard ticking from his bag, and they looked at a boy who was of Muslim faith - and the first thing that comes to their mind is 'terrorist'.

How sad.

Preach.
Reply 58
You sound quite knowledgeable in bomb making pal.

So do you
Reply 59
Original post by n09
I'm not the one living in fear of kids with clocks mate. :wink:

That's what it comes down to. A kid with a clock.

Latest

Trending

Trending