The Student Room Group
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website

Failed one module-Failed first year, cannot progress or repeat

I failed a module after resitting and have been told I cant progress or repeat the year and am really concerned, because I really want to continue at Brunel.

Ive been told by the department that I can wait a year and reapply to a different course. Or I could decide to start at another uni now, but I`m not sure and wanted your opinions. If I take a year out, im planning to get a job, focus on passing my driving test and doing AS maths to help me with the degree when I restart.

Do you think it`d be better to reapply within a year or to start at another uni now? I prefer Brunel because it offers more opportunities to enhance my employability but I dont want to waste a year and find out I cant go for whatever reason. If i was to go to another uni, I only have the choice of the one close to me, Hertfordshire, its not too far and its not so bad I guess, its just I wasted money on accommodation and travel for my first year at Brunel and feel like I`d be more employable through Brunel

Any thoughts please? I need to decide asap
Original post by Econ1906
I failed a module after resitting and have been told I cant progress or repeat the year and am really concerned, because I really want to continue at Brunel.

Ive been told by the department that I can wait a year and reapply to a different course. Or I could decide to start at another uni now, but I`m not sure and wanted your opinions. If I take a year out, im planning to get a job, focus on passing my driving test and doing AS maths to help me with the degree when I restart.

Do you think it`d be better to reapply within a year or to start at another uni now? I prefer Brunel because it offers more opportunities to enhance my employability but I dont want to waste a year and find out I cant go for whatever reason. If i was to go to another uni, I only have the choice of the one close to me, Hertfordshire, its not too far and its not so bad I guess, its just I wasted money on accommodation and travel for my first year at Brunel and feel like I`d be more employable through Brunel

Any thoughts please? I need to decide asap

If you enjoy Brunel then you might as well take the year out and then re apply. I also failed first year and my only choice was to resit it part- time. In the end I decided to change uni (I didn't enjoy the university anyway). Just think about finance etc.
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by darrantdpsexton
If you enjoy Brunel then you might as well take the year out and then re apply. I also failed first year and my only choice was to resit it part- time. In the end I decided to change uni (I didn't enjoy the university anyway). Just think about finance etc.

Change Uni.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending