The Student Room Group

Medicine 2016

Hi,
I'm looking to apply for medicine in 2016 and I don't know where will take me. I've got Cardiff, Bristol and Nottingham down at the moment but am stuck for my fourth. The main issue is that I didn't get a B/A in my 4th As. I got AAB and a C in the fourth and dropped the C (thank god) they weren't as good as I was expecting and I'm predicted A*A*A for next year. I got 10A*s and 2As for my GCSES and 625 for my UKCAT. It seems every Uni wants over 650 in UKCAT and a B in the fourth As. My personal statement is good and references are good. Any ideas where might give me an interview?
Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by sallyjoyce97
Hi,
I'm looking to apply for medicine in 2016 and I don't know where will take me. I've got Cardiff, Bristol and Nottingham down at the moment but am stuck for my fourth. The main issue is that I didn't get a B/A in my 4th As. I got AAB and a C in the fourth and dropped the C (thank god) they weren't as good as I was expecting and I'm predicted A*A*A for next year. I got 10A*s and 2As for my GCSES and 625 for my UKCAT. It seems every Uni wants over 650 in UKCAT and a B in the fourth As. My personal statement is good and references are good. Any ideas where might give me an interview?
Thanks
It's impossible to say. Not all unis place the same emphasis on the UKCAT score. However, if at least a B in the fourth AS is stated as a requirement, then you are unlikely to get an interview, as the uni concerned will usually screen out people who don't meet their minimum entry requirements. So I'd advise against choosing any uni that explicitly states requirements that you don't meet. You don't have to apply to four medical schools, and it may be better, if you can't identify another school that doesn't state these requirements, to apply to another choice for your back-up degree instead.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending