The Student Room Group

High predicted grades worried I wont achieve and applying to uni

I'm looking to apply to university soon and my A level predicted grades are A*A*A* in physics, business and maths due to my high AS results. However I am behind on a2 work and I am finding it challenging so I would expect AAA-ABB. I'm worried that if i apply to university courses suited to my predicted grades that I will get the offers but may not achieve the high grades that will be needed so I wont know which uni's to accept the final 2 offers from as I dont want to be stuck without a uni, but i want to go to a good one. I want to study economics and was wondering whether I might get unconditional offers from any specific universities as this would be perfect for me. Any advice? Thanks
Original post by kidcalledalex
I'm looking to apply to university soon and my A level predicted grades are A*A*A* in physics, business and maths due to my high AS results. However I am behind on a2 work and I am finding it challenging so I would expect AAA-ABB. I'm worried that if i apply to university courses suited to my predicted grades that I will get the offers but may not achieve the high grades that will be needed so I wont know which uni's to accept the final 2 offers from as I dont want to be stuck without a uni, but i want to go to a good one. I want to study economics and was wondering whether I might get unconditional offers from any specific universities as this would be perfect for me. Any advice? Thanks

Depends, where are you thinking of applying?
Original post by yelllowribbon
Depends, where are you thinking of applying?

Bath, university of birmingham, leeds, surrey, loughborough, nottingham, warwick, durham, bristol, York, UEA. Quite a long list sorry haha :colondollar:
Don't know about all of them, but I highly doubt Warwick, Bristol, Durham, or Bath would give out unconditionals. I know someone who got an unconditional at Birmingham and someone else for Nottingham, but depends on how competitive the subject is. It is unlikely that you'll receive an unconditional offer though purely based on high predicted grades imo

Bath, university of birmingham, leeds, surrey, loughborough, nottingham, warwick, durham, bristol, York, UEA. Quite a long list sorry haha :colondollar:
Reply 4
You won't get offers higher than the course's entry requirements regardless of your predicted grades. Apply to universities that have requirements of the highest and lowest you think you could achieve and use one as your firm and the other as your insurance if you get offers.
Original post by chdr
You won't get offers higher than the course's entry requirements regardless of your predicted grades. Apply to universities that have requirements of the highest and lowest you think you could achieve and use one as your firm and the other as your insurance if you get offers.

Do you think I may not get offers from universities who's entry requirements are ABB-AAB because they might think I wont end up accepting that place because they assume I will accept an offer from a better university??
Do you think I may not get offers from universities who's entry requirements are ABB-AAB because they might think I wont end up accepting that place because they assume I will accept an offer from a better university??

They will assume that you applied there because you very sensibly looked at the course content and decided that it was interesting enough to spend one of your five choices on. If that is not the case, don't apply there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending