The Student Room Group

Rate theses Uni's out of 10

Im applying for nursing.
Please can you rate these uni's out of ten for reputation, looks, atmosphere and just generally how good you think they are :smile:

Manchester
Cardiff
Glasgow
Edinburgh
leeds
Nottingham
Birmingham
keele
Reply 1
Which Birmingham uni? University of Birmingham or Birmingham City University? They both do nursing. With UoB you start first year learning about all the branches of nursing and decide on your branch going into the second year. Whereas with BCU you start with a specific branch from the start. (adult, child, LD or MH)

If BCU then 10/10, but that's just because I'm biased. :tongue: On a serious note, it is a brillaint uni. The lecturers are amazing, it has its own health campus, it has state of the art equipment, a mock ward and theatre, skills rooms, etc - it's really good. Also with the health campus being separate from other faculties, the atmosphere is great. It's like one big health community. They're also one of the highest providers of healthcare staff to the NHS in the UK, so it has a great reputation.

I have no idea about UoB, I didn't even consider it if I'm honest lol. I used to study nursing at BCU but withdrew - not because I didn't like the course, the course itself was great and very well structured - but I found a passion for radiography and left to pursue that. I'm back at BCU on Monday - I loved it there that much I just had to go back lol!

I'd highly recommend you go to an open day and see it for yourself. Good luck, :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest