The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 1
I think you've chosen a popular combination of subjects.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
yeah but i chose chemistry/physics
Reply 3
Also a popular combination, particularly Physics.
Reply 4
Hiya,
I chose maths/physics and only just heard a few days ago, I wouldn't worry I'm sure you'll hear soon, as becca says its probably dependent on which subjects you picked :smile:
good luck xx
Reply 5
Is physics popular? I thought hardly anybody was doing physics.
Reply 6
Physics at Durham is very popular.
Popular, just not competitive
Reply 8
oh yeah - they have the best rated physics department, joint with oxbridge. I applied to cambridge but didn't get in. Slightly glad actually cos the whole place is just a university and nothing else.
Durham is quite like that as well though really.
Reply 10
Itchynscratchy
Durham is quite like that as well though really.

Just what I was going to say. :rolleyes:
Reply 11
I think it's hardest to get in for NatSci if CHEMISTRY is one of your options because so many people want to do it and there's limited lab space.
Reply 12
it just sucks that they take so long to let you know whether you got a place or not though. you would think a uni with it's own applicant track system would be a little more efficient in the whole process.
Do remember that they have an extra stage in everyone's application, and that some people do have replies already. You are just unlucky
Reply 14
i think i put biology, physics, econ and philosophy down in probably that order, yeah i got the impression that chemistry was the most popular faculty within natsci at durham. It has its own track system?
Reply 15
i got an offer ages ago and my girlfriend has a sexy bum

Latest