The Student Room Group

Depressed about missing my firm University choice

My firm choice was LSE for Actuarial Science with entry requirements AAA, but I missed it by getting A*A*B. I've ended up going to Manchester, which is still a good university but I can't help feeling disappointed, especially as I missed LSE by only a few marks. Any advice for staying positive? I'm starting uni next week but I feel like my motivation has just collapsed...
Reply 1
Original post by amylucinda
My firm choice was LSE for Actuarial Science with entry requirements AAA, but I missed it by getting A*A*B. I've ended up going to Manchester, which is still a good university but I can't help feeling disappointed, especially as I missed LSE by only a few marks. Any advice for staying positive? I'm starting uni next week but I feel like my motivation has just collapsed...

Two A*s - there's a positive!
Original post by amylucinda

I know how you feel, I know you are gutted but please be extremely proud of your grades, by the looks of it you even beat their requirements which is AMAZING. You should have called them because you exceeded their requirements and it is rather disheartening that they may not have accepted you because of a B which is also a fantastic grade. Do keep positive because Manchester could be a blessing in disguise. I had my heart set on Newcastle and now going to Coventry but I am running on the idea that it could be a blessing. If anything it is LSEs loss, lost a great potential student. I went there for an open day and it is wrong to assume but it didn't feel that great, it is just a name and like an ordinary uni but with high achievers. Manchester is amazing and you will have a blast. Sorry it is rather long but you should look up because you have nothing to be disappointed with.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Kattah96
I know how you feel, I know you are gutted but please be extremely proud of your grades, by the looks of it you even beat their requirements which is AMAZING. You should have called them because you exceeded their requirements and it is rather disheartening that they may not have accepted you because of a B which is also a fantastic grade. Do keep positive because Manchester could be a blessing in disguise. I had my heart set on Newcastle and now going to Coventry but I am running on the idea that it could be a blessing. If anything it is LSEs loss, lost a great potential student. I went their for an open day and it is wrong to assume but it didn't feel that great, it is just a name and like an ordinary uni but with high achievers. Manchester is amazing and you will have a blast. Sorry it is rather long but you should look up because you have nothing to be disappointed with.

Thanks so much! It means a lot:h:
Reply 4
Original post by nucdev
Two A*s - there's a positive!

Quick Reply

Latest