The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Hi,

OK well I would start with a basic structure..... first sentence something useful about the issue... how about 'euthanasia, or 'mercy killing' if often regarded as a repugnant act by society. However, with more and more countries beginning to legalise euthanasia and even provide special euthanasia clinics, whether or not it can ever be justified as a good is becoming a more and more important issue in society.

second, define what you're going to do in this essay, so something like..... in this essay I will argue that there can be virtue in euthanasia. I will begin by outlining the key terms of virtue and euthanasia and what we will look for in a case of virtuous euthanasia. I will consider the arguments that euthanasia can only ever be a selfish act, and then those that say it can be considered virtuous. finally I will consider how the implication of makin any form of killing a virtuous act.

then finish off the introduction by defining what you will take to be a virtuous act and the standard definition of euthanasia.

thats how i would start it anyway (although bear in mind my knowledge of euthanasia is limited to a-level rs and one degree essay two years ago!!

Is that helpful?
Reply 2
Wow! That was great thanks. One more question (as stupid as it will sound), what word could I use to explain having compassion to the excess?
Thanks again!
Reply 3
have you tried a thesaurus?

personally i would probably go with excessively compassionate....thats still a long word!

or maybe overcompassioned?? actually I don't think thats even a word!!!
Reply 4
ha ha its a tricky one isnt it!

Latest

Trending

Trending