The Student Room Group

Student finance advice

hello.

I'm looking at the opportunity to go to university next year but I'm wondering if I'd be able to be covered by student finance, I did a 2 year course that finished last July and I'm wondering if student finance would now cover me to do a 3 year full time undergraduate course next year.

Does anyone have any advice or information regarding this subject?

Many thanks in advance.
Reply 1
There are two potential scenarios.

1) You got a qualification from your previous course
Depends what type of qualification you already have, if you have one. You can't get funding for a qualification equivalent to or lower than one you already have. For example, if your previous course gave you a uni-level qualification, you may not be able to get funding for the first/second year of a degree.

2) You didn't get a qualification from your previous course
If you *didn't* get a qualification from your last course, you can calculate your remaining SF entitlement with the equation:

Number of years of new course (minus) Number of years of previous uni-level study (plus) One year

Based on what you've told us that would give you 3-2+1=2 years, so you would have funding for the second and third years of a degree, but you would have to fund the first year (including tuition fees) yourself.
Is your new course NHS funded?
Reply 3
Original post by OU Student
Is your new course NHS funded?

Good point! Scenario 3) :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending