The Student Room Group

BA Social work as a second degree

What funding if any can I apply for from student finance to help me financially whilst studying for my degree. I already have a degree in sociology from ten years ago but I am now undertaking a BA Social work course. I have two children who live at home with me, one is 18 and doing an advanced education course and my son is 16 and studying a BTEC level2 at college. Can anyone please advise as I am struggling to find information.
Original post by annajanerose
What funding if any can I apply for from student finance to help me financially whilst studying for my degree. I already have a degree in sociology from ten years ago but I am now undertaking a BA Social work course. I have two children who live at home with me, one is 18 and doing an advanced education course and my son is 16 and studying a BTEC level2 at college. Can anyone please advise as I am struggling to find information.

I don't think you can be funded for a second degree, regardless of your current circumstances with a family, but I could be wrong. Have you considered doing an MA Social Work instead? This would only be one year and would allow you to practice as a social worker once completed. You could also check if your local authority council is running the 'Step Up to Social Work' programme, where you are paid to work whilst earning your social work degree.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending