The Student Room Group

Hungary closes borders, migrants attack police

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rockrunride
They're rioting because they're humans being treated like animals.

I don't think any further explanation is required

Because they pretty much are? They take everything with ludicrous demands and give very little back. Why do they leave places in such a mess after they've moved on?
Original post by BaconandSauce
Making Europe just like back home I see

Which is why we need to help fund and support the Hungarians with European-wide troops to keep these violent thugs - actively invading may I add - out of Europe.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TunaTunnel
Because they pretty much are? They take everything with ludicrous demands and give very little back. Why do they leave places in such a mess after they've moved on?

They're not. That's a shocking mindset you've got there. End of that one...
Original post by phoenixsilver
Which is why we need to help fund and support the Hungarians with European-wide troops to keep these violent thugs - actively invading may I add - out of Europe.

Posted from TSR Mobile

we certainly do.

but this is moving to Croatia now and they are going to have to deal with the flanking move being made.
There may well be Balkan economic migrants and good luck to them.

There we differ. We certainly want people to enter who are predisposed to violent behaviour when asked to follow a perfectly reasonable and essential process.

These people aren't even being denied entry. They are being asked to register so that their entry can be legitimised and facilitated under the laws of the very institution they seek to join.

But you'll continue to ignore that simple fact as your eyes are clouded by tears.
Original post by Good bloke
There we differ. We certainly want people to enter who are predisposed to violent behaviour when asked to follow a perfectly reasonable and essential process.

These people aren't even being denied entry. They are being asked to register so that their entry can be legitimised and facilitated under the laws of the very institution they seek to join.

But you'll continue to ignore that simple fact as your eyes are clouded by tears.

Do you know what the migrants were reacting to?
They're rioting because they're humans being treated like animals.

I don't think any further explanation is required

How are they? There is no war war in Serbia, Romania, Greece, Turkey, Lebanon, Spain, Slovakia, Slovenia, Bulgaria, Jordan and majority of nations so explain how they are escaping war when they are in countries with no war taking place?
They're not. That's a shocking mindset you've got there. End of that one...

Well you clearly didnt see the video where a man was handing out food to women and children and a load of migrant men came and stole it off him, thats civilised human behavior ahahaha

Does it matter? Rioting is not a legitimate reaction to whatever is going on.

I rely on what has been reported by reputable sources. You carry on believing they were attacked without provocation and merely because they said Please Sir, let me in.
I'll ask the pair of you: are you there? Do you know every bit of detail going on? What I can see is that a country has put up a razor wire (razor wire!) fence designed to injure and maim in order to deter entry. Refugees or 'refugees', these are not people that wish to enter western Europe in order to cause havoc. They just want a better life. There may well be Balkan economic migrants and good luck to them. If you wish to turn artillery fire onto them and start the next Holocaust, then I'll pride myself in being a person that looks after fellow humans.

Honestly - the notion of 'illegal immigration' is absurd.

Look at the images posted previously by Gears. Watch this video of "refugees" throwing away valuable food: https://youtu.be/UiXXFtd-SJ8

Razor wire is a deterrent. The Hungarians don't want or expect the migrants to injure themselves on the razor wire, which is why they put it up - as a deterrent. Many places use it as a deterrent, airports, embassies and yes - borders.

Nobody is suggesting using artillery fire or a holocaust - stop exaggerating.
Hungary is exercising its right as a sovereign nation to close their borders and protect them by any means necessary. Europe cannot cope with or provide for so many people - our own infrastructures are already crumbling at the edges.
These migrants are offered shelter and food aid. They throw it away and instead decide to violate international laws on border invasions by attacking the Hungarian police - these are not refugees, they are violent thugs.

Posted from TSR Mobile

being asked to follow the law of the country they are in?

No wonder they rioted.......Oh wait

Yeah, because in Britain we love people who riot. Remember when the Queen gave medals to the participants of the London riots a few years ago?
Oh wait, most of them were jailed. gg.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah, because in Britain we love people who riot. Remember when the Queen gave medals to the participants of the London riots a few years ago?
Oh wait, most of them were jailed. gg.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know right.

We should tell them we have an old saying

'don't bite the hand that feeds'

But as we know they are simply here to take not to give
Original post by Gears265
How are they? There is no war war in Serbia, Romania, Greece, Turkey, Lebanon, Spain, Slovakia, Slovenia, Bulgaria, Jordan and majority of nations so explain how they are escaping war when they are in countries with no war taking place?

I've made my point on the notion of a 'genuine refugee' clear - in any case, Germany has agreed to accept a large number of migrants, and now people find that they can't get there.

Original post by TunaTunnel
Well you clearly didnt see the video where a man was handing out food to women and children and a load of migrant men came and stole it off him, thats civilised human behavior ahahaha

No I didn't but I believe a man will stop at little in desperation. In any case, that was one person.

Original post by Good bloke
Does it matter? Rioting is not a legitimate reaction to whatever is going on.

I rely on what has been reported by reputable sources. You carry on believing they were attacked without provocation and merely because they said Please Sir, let me in.

You carry on making assumptions about my views. As a matter of fact, I rarely think a riot is a proportional response to provocation, and assume it was probably an OTT reaction here, but that does not justify the level of force used. The UN have said the same.

Look at the images posted previously by Gears. Watch this video of "refugees" throwing away valuable food: https://youtu.be/UiXXFtd-SJ8

Razor wire is a deterrent. The Hungarians don't want or expect the migrants to injure themselves on the razor wire, which is why they put it up - as a deterrent. Many places use it as a deterrent, airports, embassies and yes - borders.

Nobody is suggesting using artillery fire or a holocaust - stop exaggerating.
Hungary is exercising its right as a sovereign nation to close their borders and protect them by any means necessary. Europe cannot cope with or provide for so many people - our own infrastructures are already crumbling at the edges.
These migrants are offered shelter and food aid. They throw it away and instead decide to violate international laws on border invasions by attacking the Hungarian police - these are not refugees, they are violent thugs.

Posted from TSR Mobile

So say the nimbys. But we are perfectly fine.

Until you place yourself in the shoes of a refugee, you have absolutely no idea.

Saying it again - do you know what actually happened?
I've made my point on the notion of a 'genuine refugee' clear - in any case, Germany has agreed to accept a large number of migrants, and now people find that they can't get there.

Funny how that lasted for 2 seconds. Now Germany have installed controls at their borders and request documentation. Hungary are simply following the law by asking Migrants to go to the nearby camp for processing as Germany will not take anyone until they have been processed and authorised. Get with the program my friend.

yes

No I didn't but I believe a man will stop at little in desperation. In any case, that was one person.

You carry on making assumptions about my views. As a matter of fact, I rarely think a riot is a proportional response to provocation, and assume it was probably an OTT reaction here, but that does not justify the level of force used. The UN have said the same.

Until you place yourself in the shoes of a refugee, you have absolutely no idea.

You've completely ignored my rational points on the video of the "desperate" refugees throwing away food (https://youtu.be/UiXXFtd-SJ8).
You've completely ignored my justification of the use of razor wire, and the right to defend a border. You picked me up on one point and ignored the rest - because you have no comeback.

Concerning the infrastructure - you kidding? Our transport system is overcrowded, hospital and GP waiting times are ridiculous, and our greenhouse emissions are through the roof. Our country is overcrowded, we have a housing crisis, homeless people - do you deny these points?
We cannot afford both in terms of culture, money and space to take in these people, our country is overcrowded ALREADY.

Posted from TSR Mobile
yes

Now reporting to you live from Horgos...

These migrants are not civilised
(edited 8 years ago)
Now reporting to you live from Horgos...

Are you blatantly ignoring the previously posted video and images of refugees rioting and attacking a border that is simply being defended - border defense is a SOVEREIGN RIGHT for a country.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending