The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Becca
The only ones that really annoy me are the charity workers in the red vests who try and force you to give them your bank details. Erm, NO?

i hate them too, why would i give them my bank details in the middle of the street?!!
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 41
Oh and i love the wierd big issue pleeease woman, she makes my day.
Reply 42
One of my friends said that the next time someone called "BIG ISSUUUUE" at him, he would look at one of his feet and say, "yes, I suppose you're right." I don't think he ever did though. :frown:
I saw her necking a bottle of diet coke this morning. She did look thirsty.
Reply 44
Jelkin
One of my friends said that the next time someone called "BIG ISSUUUUE" at him, he would look at one of his feet and say, "yes, I suppose you're right." I don't think he ever did though. :frown:

lol Quality idea ;yes;
Reply 45
She moved. Today I saw her outside woolies.. but shes usually near Greggs. Does she just move depending on the time?
Reply 46
She's near Greggs when the older woman isn't around, and near Woolies most of the time in my experience :p: they must have a rota.
Reply 47
Mellie
It's actually bull****. A tiny minority of locals hate students. If there are any grievances with anyone else it's because of idiots who complain about beggars. Welcome to the real world.

welcome to the real world?

this is DURHAM not debtford.

although i guess yeah, bowburn or bearpark.

anyway i try and buy a big ish from big ish woman whenever i can.

on like i think it was about 24th dec i needed some change for a tenner to get the bus and she was by the bus station and was like "please... its xmas?" so i bought one and she only gave me £6 change and thats really sad if like all she got that day was my tenner?

i love granddad scouser though if we're talking oddballs in durham.
I saw one of the hobos having an argument with loads of police officers on Elvet Bridge last week.Hmm.
Reply 49
chocolateflake99
I saw one of the hobos having an argument with loads of police officers on Elvet Bridge last week.Hmm.

Do tell more
Reply 50
chocolateflake99

I saw that too. And then later in the week I saw one of them get arrested outside Woolies. They were giving him all that "you have the right to remain silent and anything you do say will be given in evidence" spool.

I wonder what he did!?
Reply 51
Can I just ask how they're beggars if they're SELLING the big issue?

The whole point of it is that they're NOT begging....
The argument I saw was the police officers trying to get him off the bridge and back into the bus shelter where he usually is, out the way, not causing trouble...he was refusing. I was tempted to stick around to watch him get arrested so I could laugh but...I have better things to do:smile:
Reply 53
andy5788
Can I just ask how they're beggars if they're SELLING the big issue?

The whole point of it is that they're NOT begging....

Perhaps my linguistics suck. I meant "people whom stop you in Durham in an attempt to extract money from you whilst you're trying to get to a lecture"
Reply 54
at_amber
welcome to the real world?

this is DURHAM not debtford.

Good observation. You'll go far, Cadet :rolleyes:

Latest