The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi,
Would love to apply to King's but don't know if my UKCAT is good enough. 2820 - 705 average.
4A's at as level, 5A* 5A 1B at GCSE.
Any help appreciated!
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
mine is 730
Reply 3
Why is this thread so quite ?
Reply 4
I am taking a gap year and applying to King's for medicine. In my A Levels, I got AAB (B in Chemistry) and King's doesn't really mind as i had extenuating circumstances. I got a C in AS Physics, but got an A* in my EPQ to make up. So in a way, I meet the minimum academic requirements, well, after my Chemistry resit.

I just did my UKCAT and got 650 with a band 1. Last year, the sort of average was 630. I don't think my UKCAT is strong enough to make a good application to King's. Do you think i should still apply?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 5
I read online that the cut off for UKCAT at Kings last year was 630
Finally! I couldn't find this thread anywhere xD
GCSEs- 11A*s 1B
AS- AAAA (maths, bio, physics and chem)
A2 predicted- A*A*A*A*
UKCAT- 3200 (800 average)
Went to the open day and really liked it so yeah, I'm applying xD

Sent off my application now :biggrin: :biggrin:
(edited 8 years ago)
International here and applying with ;
9A* IGCSEs
A*A*A*A predictions
702.5 band 2 UKCAT :/
Shoud i stick with applying to King 's?
Reply 8
Hi I want to apply for the 2017 entry, I was wondering if my GCSEs are good enough for Kings? I got 6A*s and 4As and I am doing Biology, Chemistry, Maths and History for A level.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by thechemistress
Finally! I couldn't find this thread anywhere xD
GCSEs- 11A*s 1B
AS- AAAA (maths, bio, physics and chem)
A2 predicted- A*A*A*A*
UKCAT- 3200
Went to the open day and really liked it so yeah, I'm applying xD

Sent off my application now :biggrin: :biggrin:

well done on your awesome stats!

i have 695 ukcat with sjt band 2, is this good enough to be worth applying?
Original post by mario64
well done on your awesome stats!

i have 695 ukcat with sjt band 2, is this good enough to be worth applying?

worth a shot
Reply 11
Hi guys,
Please could someone help me out, this is really stressing me out
I have 6A* in my gcse and A*AAb achieved in A levels
685 ukcat
ucas tariff prediction of 580
I'm really worried about my gcses and Ukcat- are they good enough for Kings??
If not would this be ok for Barts as I really want to apply to either one of these two unis
Please help someone!!!
Reply 12
Original post by JoySeeker
International here and applying with ;
9A* IGCSEs
A*A*A*A predictions
702.5 band 2 UKCAT :/
Shoud i stick with applying to King 's?

You have very strong GCSEs and I heard anything above 700 is good for Kings, go for it!!
Original post by MevMev
Hi guys,
Please could someone help me out, this is really stressing me out
I have 6A* in my gcse and A*AAb achieved in A levels
685 ukcat
ucas tariff prediction of 580
I'm really worried about my gcses and Ukcat- are they good enough for Kings??
If not would this be ok for Barts as I really want to apply to either one of these two unis
Please help someone!!!

I'm no expert, but I think you'd be much more likely to score an interview from Barts than King's, due to your UKCAT score. People in my year got into Barts with lower scores than yours, but King's might be somewhat of a risk.

Of course, if you want to go for King's it's totally up to you! Like I said, it's just more of a risk than Barts.
ADVICE PLEASE!!
I got 702.5 and SJT Band 1
11A* GCSE
A*A*A achieved at A-level

My UKCAT score is in the top half of the 8th decile

Do you think that my ukcat score is good enough for kings?
Original post by ipanda99
Hi I want to apply for the 2017 entry, I was wondering if my GCSEs are good enough for Kings? I got 6A*s and 4As and I am doing Biology, Chemistry, Maths and History for A level.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can someone please answer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ipanda99

Posted from TSR Mobile

Depends what you get at AS or your A Level predictions and UKCAT scores. Those two pieces of info are the most reliable to make predictions. I don't know about GCSE but I'm guessing 6A* 4A is not bad, especially if you didn't need to put in 110% effort or something. Work hard on A levels and UKCAT, and you should be fine I think. That's my personal opinion.
Reply 17
Hey guys, I'm currently stuck on whether it would be safer for me to apply to Barts or kings, I'm applying as an undergraduate.a levels: A*AAA(achieved already) (a* in chemistry)gcses: 5A*s 4As ukcat: 670and a good personal statement. I would love some advice on where to apply to
Reply 18
I am going to apply Barts simply because I have got extra A levels, EPQs and music achievements but for kings, I am not really sure should I go for it or not :-/
I got 722.5 (2890) and SJT band 2 in my UKCAT and 6A* 3A 1B in GCSEs, scoring B in English Language.
I got AACC in my AS Maths Physics Chemistry and Biology. I am very sure this is not my potential so I am going to resit 1 module from each of Biology and Chemistry. My teachers believe that this is not part of my usual performance and so they are very likely to predict me AAAB as I continue 4 A2 this year. I'm worried that this will make my application look less appealing even if my UKCAT score is above 700...
I have got no work experience in medical field but have been working in a community centre during the summer and mentioned the fact that I have already applied to the work experience in an NHS hospital in my PS.
Do you guys think that I stand any chance of receiving an interview from KCL? Thanks everyone! :smile:
UKCAT score of 690 and band 2. I'm an international applicant and have the best possible GCSE/10th grade marks to back me up. Do I stand a chance here?

Posted from TSR Mobile