The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Original post by thechemistress
Woahhh, really? LOL, this is so weird xD my fourth is Oxford :tongue: How about yours?

Hahaha, thanks Don :wink: Now we just have to wait for interviews :O :O

Joining in to the hype, I've also applied to three of the same universities ! :wink: being Oxford, Kings , Birmingham (totally was going to put Nottingham as my last as well :colondollar: but chose Leicester )
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by aspiring_
Joining in to the hype, I've also applied to three of the same universities ! :wink: being Oxford, Kings , Birmingham (totally was going to put Nottingham as my last as well :colondollar: but chose Leicester )

Haha, wow! So weird that so many people are applying to a lot of the same unis as me :tongue:
If you had to order your unis from 1st choice to last, how would you order them? XD
Haha, wow! So weird that so many people are applying to a lot of the same unis as me :tongue:
If you had to order your unis from 1st choice to last, how would you order them? XD

Oh that's so hard :colondollar: Would say Oxford, Birmingham/Kings (slight preference to Birmingham) and then Leicester! How about you? :biggrin: Of course i'd be happy with any offers though
Oh that's so hard :colondollar: Would say Oxford, Birmingham/Kings (slight preference to Birmingham) and then Leicester! How about you? :biggrin: Of course i'd be happy with any offers though

Haha, ikr? I actually really don't mind which one I get into but Oxford is probably my first choice (though with the way the BMAT is going at the moment, I'm unlikely to get ANY offers lol) XD XD XD
Haha, ikr? I actually really don't mind which one I get into but Oxford is probably my first choice (though with the way the BMAT is going at the moment, I'm unlikely to get ANY offers lol) XD XD XD

You're telling me! Barely getting average :colondollar: and still stuck on some questions as we speak aha; what kind of scores are you getting?
You're telling me! Barely getting average :colondollar: and still stuck on some questions as we speak aha; what kind of scores are you getting?

Hahah, same here :cry2: I now plan my weekend around what BMAT prep work I've got to do because I've not done enough so far D:
I did a mock in school and got 4.7 in section 1 and 5.2 in section 2 :lol: Then other ones I've done (timed) for section one I've got between 5.2-5.5 :lol: :lol: Section 2 papers have been between 5.3-5.7 so only slightly higher. I once got 8.2 but then that's only because I went about 7-10 minutes over time :lol:
How about you?
Hahah, same here :cry2: I now plan my weekend around what BMAT prep work I've got to do because I've not done enough so far D:
I did a mock in school and got 4.7 in section 1 and 5.2 in section 2 :lol: Then other ones I've done (timed) for section one I've got between 5.2-5.5 :lol: :lol: Section 2 papers have been between 5.3-5.7 so only slightly higher. I once got 8.2 but then that's only because I went about 7-10 minutes over time :lol:
How about you?

same I've barely done anything!! :cry2: I've been doing around 4.9 to 5.5, but it can vary so much ! :frown: Did get 6.8 twice but that was a fluke :colondollar: 8.2 is madness! only if that could happen in the real thing :wink: It's so hard to prepare with A levels on top though :s-smilie:
same I've barely done anything!! :cry2: I've been doing around 4.9 to 5.5, but it can vary so much ! :frown: Did get 6.8 twice but that was a fluke :colondollar: 8.2 is madness! only if that could happen in the real thing :wink: It's so hard to prepare with A levels on top though :s-smilie:

Haha don't think you can get a fluke twice :wink:
Ikr, if that happened in the real thing I'd actually cry haha XD
Yeah and teachers refuse to ease up on homework :angry: :angry:
Reply 88

Finally people to relate to......... BMAT along with A2 is madness :')

here's to hoping I guess :wink:
I would cry for you too! that would be so awesome :h: My teachers are still trying to assess me... like please stop; I have bigger things to worry about
@thechemistress I hope you ace the BMAT haha :smile: I'm sure you will though! Not gonna lie, I'm SO GLAD I'm not doing it xD!!!
Zomd I am nervously excited for interviews hahaha :biggrin: Let's just hope for no awkward silences >.< hahaha
Reply 92
I'm also applying to Oxford, King's, Imperial and Barts. What college at Oxford are you guys applying to?
Original post by kennyhahaha
Hey guys! I applied to King's, St. Andrew's, Imperial, and Barts. I want to know the decisions so badly but I guess we will have to wait haha. Btw, in the UCAS, Barts is listed as Queen Mary London (A100) right?

what are your stats (and tariff for barts)?
and it is listed as QMUL yeah
(edited 8 years ago)
At the open day for Kings one lady said that Kings ranks applicants solely on ukcat and gcses however in 'what do they know' they said they have a holistic approach ie they look at all aspects of the application in order to come to a decision? Does anyone know the correct selection procedure?
Reply 95
Original post by ss2525
At the open day for Kings one lady said that Kings ranks applicants solely on ukcat and gcses however in 'what do they know' they said they have a holistic approach ie they look at all aspects of the application in order to come to a decision? Does anyone know the correct selection procedure?

Hey, what was the position of the lady you spoke to?

I mean like who actually was she haha
Original post by 5824
Hey, what was the position of the lady you spoke to?

I mean like who actually was she haha

Im not too sure, there was a question and answer bit after, I think she was a senior student involved in admin but it was ages ago so I honestly can't remember, what do you think it is? I might call them up tomorrow and ask them about it
Reply 97
Original post by ss2525
Im not too sure, there was a question and answer bit after, I think she was a senior student involved in admin but it was ages ago so I honestly can't remember, what do you think it is? I might call them up tomorrow and ask them about it

Well I think their website is quite informative, and on there they say they look at the UCAS application as a whole, but I'm honestly not sure how heavily they base their decisions on UKCAT and GCSE performance alone. Yeah I think phoning them up would be the best way to go. Please do update us on here when you find out!:smile:
Original post by 5824
Well I think their website is quite informative, and on there they say they look at the UCAS application as a whole, but I'm honestly not sure how heavily they base their decisions on UKCAT and GCSE performance alone. Yeah I think phoning them up would be the best way to go. Please do update us on here when you find out!:smile:

will do, and really? I think a lot of medical schools are quite vague, you have to call up and get the info from them, have you applied to kings?
They will almost certainly tell you they will look at the whole application. If they say that online then really no amount of ringing will gather more information.

That and I can't imagine them disregarding every other aspect of the application for the sake of just a UKCAT/GCSE ranking. Do ring though if it helps, never know, they may straight up tell you what you want to hear!

Latest