The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MrDystopia
x

What are my chances of being made an offer as a mature student who is currently studying for an access diploma in science? I am applying for neuroscience and am wondering if the weight of my application is entirely on my personal statement or if there is also an interview process.
If there is an interview process, are you able to offer any insight into that?

Thanks.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 61
Applied here for Biochemistry :u:
Reply 62
What were your grades?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Should I be applying here with a UKCAT of 690?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 64
Hi guys, would someone help me out. I am a bit worried for not getting an interview from kcl for medicine. I have a 692.5 band 2 ukcat, 9 A*s and 3 As at gcse and 4 As at AS; with A*AA predictions. Do people think ill get an interview at least?
Original post by MrDystopia
I have been horrendously busy within the past week (A mixture of uni and going out quite a damn lot >_> <_<:wink: but I shall hopefully answer a few of the questions raised here tomorrow onward.

Congrats to all those with offers from KCL! If you folks have any questions on anything regarding the uni please let me know :smile:

Hey there😊
Applyng for english with AS grades BBB for english (redoing english coursework as got and A in the exam) and predictions of AAA. I have been told the likliehood is i either recieve an interview or get rejected. Would you say this is true?
Reply 66
Just got an offer for MSci in Biochemistry woo!!
Is anyone applying for law here?
Reply 68
Original post by Ser Alex Toyne
Is anyone applying for law here?

Me:smile: have you done the LNAT yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 69
Just got my offer for PPE today! A*AA in any subjects, woo!
Reply 70
Update: Got an offer for Geography today!

35 for IB
with 665 at HL :smile:

Completely Stoked :smile:
Original post by hchiyan
Update: Got an offer for Geography today!

35 for IB
with 665 at HL :smile:

Completely Stoked :smile:

Congrats.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by stump-y
Just got an offer to study Neuroscience :smile: My first one out of the bunch so I am very happy :biggrin:

Hey, I am applying for Neuroscience as well! Congratulations on your offer, so early as well! May I ask, what your AS subjects were, your grades, and your predicted? I Have AABC at AS, pyschology, chemistry biology and maths respectively; but my predicted look a bit better; An A in bio, an A* in chem, and a possible A* in psychology (but it's an A for now definitely). so yeah just wondering what kind of people they are giving offers to, since you have one already :smile:
Reply 73
Original post by darkstorm77
Hey, I am applying for Neuroscience as well! Congratulations on your offer, so early as well! May I ask, what your AS subjects were, your grades, and your predicted? I Have AABC at AS, pyschology, chemistry biology and maths respectively; but my predicted look a bit better; An A in bio, an A* in chem, and a possible A* in psychology (but it's an A for now definitely). so yeah just wondering what kind of people they are giving offers to, since you have one already :smile:

My AS Subjects were Biology, Chemistry, Maths, English Literature and French. I got AAAAC + an A* in A2 Russian. Retaking French AS this year, so my predicted are A*A*A*Aa (in the same order as the subject list)
Original post by GOKU27
Me:smile: have you done the LNAT yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

i'm applying for law too! :smile:
Reply 75
Original post by Pan's_Lost_Girl
i'm applying for law too! :smile:

Nice. What did you get for AS and what were your A2 predictions?

Posted from TSR Mobile
applying for French and Spanish myself can't wait!
Original post by boyyo
Hi, my teachers are being really harsh with my prediction and mine are currently ABC in physics, maths and Economics. I want to study physics at kings, but im worried that I may not be give an offer, but my personal statement is awesome thoe :biggrin:
How likely do you think it is that i may be give nan offer??? Thank youuu :smile:

Hard to say, those predicted grades wouldn't be so hard to attain I imagine for you. Depending on what the requirements for physics are at Kings (AAA in the prospectus) I can imagine it would be quite tough applying here. Of course, that's only the grade aspect, depends on the rest of your application (Which I'll take your word is awesome! :tongue: )

Original post by TheThiefOfBagdad
What are my chances of being made an offer as a mature student who is currently studying for an access diploma in science? I am applying for neuroscience and am wondering if the weight of my application is entirely on my personal statement or if there is also an interview process.
If there is an interview process, are you able to offer any insight into that?

Thanks.

I wouldn't be able to shed further light on an interview I'm afraid. Only says in the prospectus that they may interview some people, but in this thread I think you've seen some folks applying for Neuro get an off just like that. As you mentioned too, you're a mature student. Do you have another degree behind you in the past?
In terms of an access diploma, it shouldn't hurt your chances at all. From the prospectus this is stated as the requirement for entry. Does this apply for you?

Access to HE Diploma Access to Science (or similar) with 45 Level 3 credits: 33 must be from units awarded at Distinction, with the remaining Level 3 credits at Merit. Level 3 study must include Chemistry and Biology. Level 3 study of Maths or Physics also preferred.

Original post by Tom5pence
Hey there😊
Applyng for english with AS grades BBB for english (redoing english coursework as got and A in the exam) and predictions of AAA. I have been told the likliehood is i either recieve an interview or get rejected. Would you say this is true?

You predictions are on point with the entry requirement. As for what the most likely scenario is, I can't say sadly. It says that not everyone is interviewed, and not everyone who gets an offer necessarily has an interview either. So really just about your application in general. If it stands out there's no reason why you couldn't just get an offer straight up.
Original post by GOKU27
Nice. What did you get for AS and what were your A2 predictions?

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh i actually have no idea what that is. i'm an american student using american qualifications hoping to get into KCL
Reply 79
Could anyone help me? I realllllly wanna go to KCL so badly and im applying for Computer Science. Do you think its likely that ill get an offer? Standard entry is AAB, I got ABBB as AS but predicted AAB for A2. After reading about how competitive KCL is though like, do i even stand a chance because they must get way more people who got eh right grades at AS too? Feeling hopeless aha.
At GCSE i got 5 A*'s and 8 A's and 1 B. Hoping my personal statement and references are strong enough (got help with my personal statement from a 4th year computer scientist doing a masters from my summer school) but like, do you think its likely? I heard that unis over offer anyway because they know a lot of people wont make their offer but still.. Having a lil breakdown cri thanks in advance.
(edited 8 years ago)

Latest