The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College London Applicants 2016 Entry

Use this thread to talk with other students who are thinking of applying to KCL for the 2016 entry! I'll be updating the first post with a list of members who are applying for each course, so hopefully that gives you a chance to find other members.

I'll also add in some information regarding various aspect of the uni, be it Accommodation, course requirements etc in a bit.

Helpful Links:

KCL 2016 Undergraduate Prospectus:
http://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/ug/download/kings-college-london-2016-undergraduate-prospectus.pdf

KCL Accommodation information:
http://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/ug/residences/index.aspx

Finance, fees and bursaries information:
http://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/ug/funding/index.aspx

TSR Connect, which contains information on others applying. Feel free to add yourself!
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/connect/university/kings_college_london
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Im hoping to apply for physics Bsc at kings but dont know if I'll get an offer with my predeictions :/
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
applying to study Religion, Politics and Society
Just wondering if anyone on here could help out a home educated student who's more than a little concerned about her chances of getting an offer from King's (despite being hopefully on for AAAB next year haha)
I'm applying to King's to study English with AABB, with two full A-Levels already.
I have a full A Level in English Lit at A, and a full A Level in History at B. My AS's were RS at A and Politics at B. I should be on for AAAB with four full A Levels overall, but because I'm home educated I can't get predicted grades. My referee is going to explain the UMS points I got for my AS's, as I was five points off an A for Politics. Do you think they'd still make me an offer, given that I already meet one of their requirments?
Hoping to study English Lit! AAAAC at AS and predictions of A*AAA
Reply 5
Applying for PPE. I am very interested in King's, but scared a bit to apply for a new course . Does King's worth it?
Applying to study French at King's! AAAC at AS :tongue:
Applying to Biomedicine with A*AC predicted, not sure if I'll get an offer though as the course wants AAB -.-
AS: ABDD (retaking the D's)
GCSEs: 1A* 1A 7B's
Worth applying?
Original post by Elhamm
Applying to Biomedicine with A*AC predicted, not sure if I'll get an offer though as the course wants AAB -.-
AS: ABDD (retaking the D's)
GCSEs: 1A* 1A 7B's
Worth applying?

If you're re-sitting then yes, definitely! I spoke to one of the reps from King's (as I'm re-sitting one of mine) and she said that they look at your predicted A2 grade for the offer rather than the AS grade. She also said they'll take into account that you're re-sitting. Good luck :smile:
Do you think I am likely to get an offer?
4a*s, 6 As and 3Bs (in sciences) at gcse
AAAAC at As
predicted A*AA
wanting to study english and am nervous as KCL is so competitive
Mature student, applied for English. 60 Distinction credits and and 'A' in English Language and Literature A-Level - studied part-time distance-learning! Very excited, but mostly scared. Hope to hear back from KCL soon!
I've applied to do English. I sent off my application two days ago and got my confirmation/welcome email yesterday! :colondollar:
AAAA at AS, predicted A*A*A*
Trying to resist checking my emails all the time
Reply 12
Original post by charleethompson
I've applied to do English. I sent off my application two days ago and got my confirmation/welcome email yesterday! :colondollar:

do they let people know as soon as they apply?
Reply 13
Applying for law with AAAB and A*AA predictions
Gcses are low though 3A's 4B's and a C
Also is doing the lnat in December too late or is it fine?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Maths Applicant

Year 12:
Maths (Full) A*
Physics A
Economics A

Predicted A*A*A* (Further Maths in year 13)
Original post by charleethompson

Hi
What did they mention in this confirmation letter?

Good luck
Just got an Unconditional offer to study English. OVER THE MOON!
Reply 17
Original post by Lunnford84
Just got an Unconditional offer to study English. OVER THE MOON!

hey, do they let people know if they get an offer or not straight away?
Original post by boyyo
hey, do they let people know if they get an offer or not straight away?

I entered mine super-early. But I expect some of the others to not reply for a good while though.
Thinking of applying as a graduate to the undergraduate medicine course with 672.5 band 1 in the UKCAT and a first class degree in Cancer Biology and Immunology.

Do you think I should apply with these stats? And do I have a chance?

Thank you

Latest