The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Female Flatmates Wanted for a flat near King's Cross, London - (£90 per week). Four places available. Must be a non-smoking, tidy, quiet, serious student. If you are interested, please email a message to:[email protected]
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
Hi guys, My fiancé is moving to London, so i am giving up on my student accommodation with KCL. would any of you interested in an ensuite room with shower and toilet, shared kitchen located in Tower Hill 279 pwcMy tel is 07481968924Cheers!
Hey everyone! The official Facebook for this year has been set up. It says that they’ll be posting important information and dates so I thought I’d share it with everyone on here :smile: https://www.facebook.com/groups/133008340387865/
Reply 4
I have an unconditional offer from King's and have already begun to think about housing :tongue:
Does anyone know much about the intercollegiate halls? They're much closer to my campus (Strand) and they offer food for the same price as a non-catered residence...are there any downsides or complaints that anyone knows about them? I'm considering Connaught Hall or International Hall. I wasn't too jazzed about the idea of sharing with non-King's people, but I feel like I can live with that for food and a much shorter walk.
Reply 5
are you interested in Champion hill residence?
I am going to move out from my large ensuite in champion hill residence
Reply 6
Original post by sal_ome
I have an unconditional offer from King's and have already begun to think about housing :tongue:
Does anyone know much about the intercollegiate halls? They're much closer to my campus (Strand) and they offer food for the same price as a non-catered residence...are there any downsides or complaints that anyone knows about them? I'm considering Connaught Hall or International Hall. I wasn't too jazzed about the idea of sharing with non-King's people, but I feel like I can live with that for food and a much shorter walk.

Reply 7
Hey what's the likelihood of getting accommodation if you live in London already?
Original post by sal_ome

I have heard some bad things about the catered residence. Small rooms, get 5 items at dinner time, which for an adult really is ridiculous.
Reply 9
Original post by lizmoo0721
I have heard some bad things about the catered residence. Small rooms, get 5 items at dinner time, which for an adult really is ridiculous.

5 items?? what do you mean?
Reply 10
Original post by keikoliu

It seems really nice, but it's sooo far from the Strand campus, so I think I will pass
Original post by sal_ome
5 items?? what do you mean?

Someone who lives in catered told me, he gets a choice of 5 items, so you'd get a potato, one slice of meat ect.
Reply 12
Original post by lizmoo0721
Someone who lives in catered told me, he gets a choice of 5 items, so you'd get a potato, one slice of meat ect.

strange. i wish there was more information about intercollegiate halls online, I feel like without visiting them I could be signing up for something really bad (or really good) without knowing!!
Any experiences of Stamford Street, Champion Hill and Moonraker Point?

Got in my head that Stamford Street is poorer quality, Champion Hill is too far away (from Strand) and Moonraker is too expensive.

Also Orchard Lilse/Iris Brook looks nice (good location, price, quality) but there is the possibility of sharing a flat with only 2/3/4 people which seems pretty unsociable...it would have to be 5 minimum for me to feel as if I was going to make friends!

Arrrgh....
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Cal-lum
Any experiences of Stamford Street, Champion Hill and Moonraker Point?

Got in my head that Stamford Street is poorer quality, Champion Hill is too far away (from Strand) and Moonraker is too expensive.

Also Orchard Lilse/Iris Brook looks nice (good location, price, quality) but there is the possibility of sharing a flat with only 2/3/4 people which seems pretty unsociable...it would have to be 5 minimum for me to feel as if I was going to make friends!

Arrrgh....

Your impressions are pretty good (though stamford street is pretty normal quality for halls, there are much worse) also, with regard to Moonraker, if you come from a low income family it may be worth enquiring about financial help to meet the higher costs of that halls. You could ask the funding office about it, not sure if they still do it but they used to.
Original post by sal_ome

Also, I'm pretty sure there is no wifi at the intercollegiate halls, just plug in internet (which is kind of crazy in 2015) so you might want to think about that.
Reply 16
Original post by anniedink
Also, I'm pretty sure there is no wifi at the intercollegiate halls, just plug in internet (which is kind of crazy in 2015) so you might want to think about that.

yeah, I saw that. they have wifi only in the communal areas :colonhash: luckily i have my own laptop that i can plug in, so I think it will be ok.
Reply 17
Original post by bluh2
Can someone please confirm this?!?! wifi is essential for me!!!!

You should go on the halls website and click on the "current residents" page for the halls handbooks. I've read them a bunch since it's like the best source of info about life in the hall :colonhash:
They outline their policies and internet avaliability. In the ones I'm looking at, there's a cable for plug in internet in rooms and wifi in common areas like the lounge or whatever (which is ok for me since I have a laptop, but might be a deal breaker for you)
Reply 18
Original post by anniedink
Your impressions are pretty good (though stamford street is pretty normal quality for halls, there are much worse) also, with regard to Moonraker, if you come from a low income family it may be worth enquiring about financial help to meet the higher costs of that halls. You could ask the funding office about it, not sure if they still do it but they used to.

Hi, who would I speak to if I'm from a low income family? :smile:
Original post by sal_ome

Hey I feel the same way! I'm considering intercollegiate as well

Latest