The Student Room Group

Which degree?

Hello, I've recently got my AS grades and although I want to go to university next year I can't decide what course!

Here's a few facts
My current AS grades are BBC (B in geography and English language and C in law). I know for definite I don't want to study law or English at degree level however I'm interested in geography.
I'm a creative person, I love to draw, make videos and write however I lack experience, I was considering a film making degree however I don't think I'll have the skills required? Also it'll be hard to obtain a job from this degree?
Geography may suit me more as I do enjoy the debates here, there are many jobs, I am naturally good at this subject and am interested in it.

I'm not interested in looking for a university until I've chosen my degree choice

Any tips on how to make up my mind or find out more about courses and which one I'm suited to would be great! I'm open to any help I can get right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Original post by eemmmmaaaaa
Hello, I've recently got my AS grades and although I want to go to university next year I can't decide what course!

Here's a few facts
My current AS grades are BBC (B in geography and English language and C in law). I know for definite I don't want to study law or English at degree level however I'm interested in geography.
I'm a creative person, I love to draw, make videos and write however I lack experience, I was considering a film making degree however I don't think I'll have the skills required? Also it'll be hard to obtain a job from this degree?
Geography may suit me more as I do enjoy the debates here, there are many jobs, I am naturally good at this subject and am interested in it.

I'm not interested in looking for a university until I've chosen my degree choice

Any tips on how to make up my mind or find out more about courses and which one I'm suited to would be great! I'm open to any help I can get right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know you ve said you're not interested in looking at a university until you ve made your decision, however you could attend an open day and go to subject talks to give you a better idea of what you it'd be like to study certain subjects at universities.
You could order a pile of prospectuses as it would give you an idea of all the subjects available to you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending