My grades: D + BBC (AS)
Predicted: AAA

Unis:
Exeter - AAB
Manchester - ABB
Manchester - AAA
UCL - AAA - ABB
Southampton - ABB

I think it's possible, as long as you have a strong reference from your teachers as well, along with a good personal statement. I would suggest choosing one or two universities with slightly lower requirements like BBB or even BBC as well though, to act as back-ups in case your A2 exams don't quite go as well as you'd like :smile:
Reply 2
I agree, you should pick a back up uni as well. You only have BBC at A level so your teachers are being generous predicting you AAA!
Reply 3
Original post by Jenx301
I agree, you should pick a back up uni as well. You only have BBC at A level so your teachers are being generous predicting you AAA!

Original post by Leviathan1741
I think it's possible, as long as you have a strong reference from your teachers as well, along with a good personal statement. I would suggest choosing one or two universities with slightly lower requirements like BBB or even BBC as well though, to act as back-ups in case your A2 exams don't quite go as well as you'd like :smile:

Hi Leviathan :smile:

I'm resitting modules for all subjects and generally they predict a grade up; AAB. Try and get B to an A but i dont want to chose a BBC uni bcos i'm determined to get high grades with resit. Could you advise?
Maybe a couple. Is there anything in your reference to explain why a supposed straight A student got Bs and below?
Original post by SCAR H

I'm resitting modules for all subjects and generally they predict a grade up; AAB. Try and get B to an A but i dont want to chose a BBC uni bcos i'm determined to get high grades with resit. Could you advise?

Those predictions look too high and I think you'll be fortunate to get offers - I'd advise some lower options just so you don't end up in clearing with no hall place.
Resits do not always improve grades ...
You definitely need a back up. It's not impossible for you to get those offers, I've seen people get them before with similar AS results to you, but it's not guaranteed at all. Quite honestly, your predictions don't seem to look very realistic so it's very important that you swap at least one of those options with a more realistic back up choice.
Hello, I applied for Geography for 2015 entry.
I achieved ABC at AS and predicted AAB.

I applied to
UCL - declined due to course being full (excuse)
KCL - offer AAB (here now)
Edinburgh - offer AAA
Royal Holloway - offer AAB
Exeter - offer ABB (Penryn campus)

To be honest, going up one grade is hard enough or even maintaining your grades is very hard, I found A2 more difficult than AS. I wouldn't waste a place with UCL as people will be appling with straight A's already. Universities look at your AS grades heavily, especially russel groups.

Queen Mary's gave out unconditional for geography last year I heard (and lots of them)

If you have any Geography application questions just ask. Good luck :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by SCAR H
Applying for geography so not massively competive

Unis:
Exeter - AAB
Manchester - ABB
Manchester - AAA
UCL - AAA - ABB
Southampton - ABB

Dreadful predictions.

My school won't even give you 1 grade up, won't even predict A*'s then here's your school...

Best of luck.
Original post by SCAR H

Hmm, even with resits I still think it would be a good idea to have at least one back-up choice, as you aren't guaranteed to get your predicted grades. For example, I was predicted an A in ICT, however I ended up just missing it by 3 marks. It's recommended that you choose one or two 'ambitious' universities, e.g. AAA-AAB, two 'achievable' universities, e.g. ABB, and one or two 'back-up' universities, e.g. BBB, just to be on the safe side :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by Windies
Dreadful predictions.

My school won't even give you 1 grade up, won't even predict A*'s then here's your school...

Best of luck.

gg
How did you get so high predicted grades

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by Supermanxxxxxx
How did you get so high predicted grades

Posted from TSR Mobile

resitting many B to A isnt hard to achieve
Are you a ****ing troll? I've seen you post several things like this and telling people to shut up etc. He/she is trying to give good genuine advice and all you can do is tell him to shut up is rude. He is not obliged to help you and advise you.
Original post by SCAR H
resitting many B to A isnt hard to achieve

you havent done them yet wiseguy i implore you to look at unis with grades around your level since unis will now when your predicted grades have been inflated...
Original post by Windies
Dreadful predictions.

Best of luck.

That's the issue with predicted grades - some schools are extremely liberal when predicting As and A*s, while others are very much not. I hope universities look at predicted grades quite cautiously and don't let them completely take over AS levels in terms of importance because of this. Of course, people can really improve with resits and therefore high predictions can be accurate (I know of someone who got Cs/Ds at AS, and got A*A*A overall with resits alongside A2), but it does irritate me how school policies can differ so greatly.
Original post by SCAR H
Do you work mattey

Come on, you can't post asking for advice and turn around and say they're wrong. Either accept what they say, say thank you and shut up or don't ask at all. All the people that are saying your predicted grades are high are trying to save you a lot of hassle later on when you didn't listen to them and could end up in clearing.
Original post by SCAR H
Applying for geography so not massively competive

Unis:
Exeter - AAB
Manchester - ABB
Manchester - AAA
UCL - AAA - ABB
Southampton - ABB

I expect you'll get at least some offers, but do be prepared for rejection - your school has been quite liberal with your predictions, even with resits, so universities might deem them unrealistic. In your position, I'd scrap UCL (because it's very competitive to get in there - as it's one of the top RG unis), and I'd instead apply to a uni asking for BBB or maybe even BBC. Then, if you get rejected from your favourites, you'll still have somewhere to go, or it can serve as an insurance if you do get an offer from your top choices.
Considering you didn't get a single A at AS (which is easier than A2) what makes you think you'll get 3 at A2?

Your predictions seem a bit unrealistic. I'd forget about UCL and consider applying to the odd university or two requiring BBB or BBC.
Predicted grades are way too high! If you apply to hard to get into unis you will just end up being disappointed.

I got AACCU at AS and got ACD at A2. I needed 300 UCAS points for my uni and achieved 310 so got in.

Quick Reply

Latest