The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

URGENT! Please reply. panic mode :(

Hi, I wasn't aware that we had to book in a time slot to move into the aston accommodation. The email was in my junk, only saw it now! I wanted to move in Saturday 19th, that is the only date my dad is available to drop me off! But all the time slots are taken up, so does that mean if I arrive Saturday without booking in, I won't be able to receive the key? or Will they still allow me to take my room key!
Please reply anyone! I am panicking right now :frown: thanks!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AKGgirl
Hi, I wasn't aware that we had to book in a time slot to move into the aston accommodation. The email was in my junk, only saw it now! I wanted to move in Saturday 19th, that is the only date my dad is available to drop me off! But all the time slots are taken up, so does that mean if I arrive Saturday without booking in, I won't be able to receive the key? or Will they still allow me to take my room key!

Just book a **** hotel
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Your best bet would probably be to call up your uni accommodation people, no? Speak to them first thing in the morning. And if you can't move in...Travelodge/Ibis/Premier Inn is your best friend.
Reply 3
Original post by Saint-Saens
Just book a **** hotel

Yeah, I will then have 3 massive suitcases and boxes to carry from the hotel to my accommodation, all alone, what a great idea. :rolleyes:
Reply 4
Original post by Envy*
Your best bet would probably be to call up your uni accommodation people, no? Speak to them first thing in the morning. And if you can't move in...Travelodge/Ibis/Premier Inn is your best friend.

Thanks for the help :smile: I guess I will have to ring in if no one knows :frown: thanks again!
Original post by AKGgirl
Yeah, I will then have 3 massive suitcases and boxes to carry from the hotel to my accommodation, all alone, what a great idea. :rolleyes:

Taxi
Reply 6
Original post by AKGgirl
Thanks for the help :smile: I guess I will have to ring in if no one knows :frown: thanks again!

No worries. A similar thing happened to me, well, I missed my time slot (delayed train) and they were no longer going to be giving out keys when I said I would arrive, I called them up and they left my keys with another student who let me in later that day. But hopefully they should get you sorted.
Reply 7
Taxi

lol the taxi driver isn't going to help me carry all the stuff to my room, like my dad will and they are heavy af :s-smilie:
Reply 8
OP, I think Envy* is right. I know Warwick do that, as my brother had his flatmate's keys left with him. I'm not sure if Aston do it, but if you ring them up, they should be able to sort it, as it's only one person, not loads. That said, I cracked up at the irony of the situation, when there's an ad at the top of the page saying 'Aston students are better prepared'
Original post by AKGgirl
lol the taxi driver isn't going to help me carry all the stuff to my room, like my dad will and they are heavy af :s-smilie:

Find a strapping young rugby player and then 'repay' him later
Reply 10
Original post by Envy*
No worries. A similar thing happened to me, well, I missed my time slot (delayed train) and they were no longer going to be giving out keys when I said I would arrive, I called them up and they left my keys with another student who let me in later that day. But hopefully they should get you sorted.

oh phew, similar situation to mine, I just hope they give me the damn key lol and thanks again for helping :smile: really appreciate it.
Reply 11
Original post by daved96
OP, I think Envy* is right. I know Warwick do that, as my brother had his flatmate's keys left with him. I'm not sure if Aston do it, but if you ring them up, they should be able to sort it, as it's only one person, not loads. That said, I cracked up at the irony of the situation, when there's an ad at the top of the page saying 'Aston students are better prepared'

I hope they do it :L and LOL I guess not! The email was in my junk like wth such an important email :L I am usually well prepared lol
Reply 12
Find a strapping young rugby player and then 'repay' him later

Maybe you could help? :wink:
Original post by AKGgirl
Maybe you could help? :wink:

I would but I don't help people
Reply 14
Original post by AKGgirl
I hope they do it :L and LOL I guess not! The email was in my junk like wth such an important email :L I am usually well prepared lol

I know one guy, most organised person I probably know, four A*s at A level. When he was applying for uni, applied to Cambridge, had a few private practice interviews and he was amazing in them. Cambridge sent him an S.A.Q. which you have to fill, and that went straight into his junk, and deleted itself a few days later. he was still waiting by the deadline for them to give him an SAQ, and so they figured 'oh, he's not returned it, he doesn't want to be here.' And rejected him.
Reply 15
Hi AKGgirl Im in a similar situation - didn't book a timeslot by the deadline.Since we haven't got parking facility on site, where will your dad be parking up then?

Original post by AKGgirl
Reply 16
Original post by aaya123
Hi AKGgirl Im in a similar situation - didn't book a timeslot by the deadline.Since we haven't got parking facility on site, where will your dad be parking up then?

I rang them and they said it should be fine and we can just park it somewhere near :L but it will be a hassle, should be okay!
Reply 17
Original post by daved96
I know one guy, most organised person I probably know, four A*s at A level. When he was applying for uni, applied to Cambridge, had a few private practice interviews and he was amazing in them. Cambridge sent him an S.A.Q. which you have to fill, and that went straight into his junk, and deleted itself a few days later. he was still waiting by the deadline for them to give him an SAQ, and so they figured 'oh, he's not returned it, he doesn't want to be here.' And rejected him.

Omg, that is the most frustrating thing I have ever heard! I feel so bad for him! That would make me feel so angry lol
Reply 18
I would but I don't help people

That is..harsh lol
Original post by AKGgirl
That is..harsh lol

I'm joking

Quick Reply