The Student Room Group

can you get onto a one year top up degree with a BA?

Question as above. I already have a degree but wonder if it's possible to get onto a top up degree through this rather than doing a foundation degree to get onto a top up degree.

Hope this question makes sense!
As you ve already got a degree and cashed in the credits I don't think you d be able to do that
I'm not quite sure what you mean by a top up degree? People do foundations years to bring them up to speed so that they can join the course. If you have a degree the next step is postgrad degrees and qualifications.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by beautifulbigmacs
Question as above. I already have a degree but wonder if it's possible to get onto a top up degree through this rather than doing a foundation degree to get onto a top up degree.

Hope this question makes sense!

Do you mean jumping in at the second year of a degree or something? I don't understand your question.
If you do two years foundation degree you can go onto a top up degree.

So if I have already got a degree can I skip the foundation degree and go straight to the top up degree?
Nb the definition of top up degree is best explained through a Google search.
Original post by beautifulbigmacs
Nb the definition of top up degree is best explained through a Google search.

They are designed to build on a foundation degree in the same subject as the top up, are they not? If you don't have the base in that subject, they won't let you jump in at the upper end, and if your degree subject is relevant, then you already have the top up in the degree you already have. I imagine I must be missing something here.
Agree with the above poster. Also, if you've managed to find info on the degree by googling it surely info about how to get on it is easily available. If not try contacting the units offering it. They'll be best placed to help.

Quote if you want a reply!
BSc Biochemistry with a year in industry, University of York
PhD in molecular biology, Queen Mary University of London

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending