The Student Room Group

Microsoft Dreamspark & Windows Licence

Hi Guys,

Through my current course at KCL I have access to Microsoft Dream Spark with Windows 7/8/10 on there. As I'm currently purchasing a new PC without OS, I am looking for a good Windows deal (OEM maybe?!), however if it's free through dreamspark then grand.

Question is - does anyone know what the licence terms are? Does it expire at the end of the course or is it a perpetual licence? Also, how does this apply to other software such as office or visual studio?

Cheers,

ES1
Reply 1
Original post by estudent1
Hi Guys,

Through my current course at KCL I have access to Microsoft Dream Spark with Windows 7/8/10 on there. As I'm currently purchasing a new PC without OS, I am looking for a good Windows deal (OEM maybe?!), however if it's free through dreamspark then grand.

Question is - does anyone know what the licence terms are? Does it expire at the end of the course or is it a perpetual licence? Also, how does this apply to other software such as office or visual studio?

Cheers,

ES1

I have dreamspark as well, it doesn't expire and it's owned license. The terms should be there when you order it. Office isn't included in dreamspark but you might be able to get that free also from KCL
Technically, it's for your use only, and that you should only use it while you're a student.
I say technically because they don't enforce it so...
The same applies for the other software packages, *cough* Visual Studio 2015 Enterprise *cough*

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending