The Student Room Group
At the Student's Union
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website

Health and wellbeing course

Has anyone done this course and has anyone any tips on books or what to read up on also after this course what has everyone gone on to do
I'm starting this part time in October . I've heard it's really good X
At the Student's Union
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website
I was an leap student last October and finished in May. I absolutely loved the course and now I'm in my 4th week at walsall campus doing adult nursing and again, I'm loving it. X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Omg really I'm starting leap full time so 120 point but am just really worried because my maths is **** but my English is good but after leap I want to do nursing but I'm scared if I don't get in nursing so I was wondering if there's a degree after leap that is 2years ? Because most of them degrees after leap are 3years I don't want be in uni too long
I wouldn't worry about the maths. I'm also shocking too. I personally wouldn't do another degree other than nursing saying that you can apply for all nursing fields eg mental health nurse, learning disability nurse and adult nursing these don't require a maths or English test. If you do another degree and then go back to uni to do nursing the funding from student finance is capped at 3 years so there will be no more funding from them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
All nursing degrees are 3 years or more. As you are required to do so many hours in placement and theory that is set out by the nursing and midwifery council.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
I've just graduated few weeks ago. I did gain BSc (hons) in Health Studies. I really enjoyed this course and now applied for Master of Adult Nurse. Waiting for the results after interview. It's 2 years course, not funded and you have to do 770 hours as a HCA graduates upfront. All arranged by uni.
Really ? Health studies? What you looking to become ? What can you do with health studies degree? And as Hca. Graduate? Where ? At a hospital or .. Can you tell me a little bit more because this is soooo helpful
Reply 8
Original post by Julie dinanga
Really ? Health studies? What you looking to become ? What can you do with health studies degree? And as Hca. Graduate? Where ? At a hospital or .. Can you tell me a little bit more because this is soooo helpful

Yeah, really :smile: ive applied for a nursing 3 years ago but didnt get a place but i didnt want to waste my time and started health studies. With health studies you can be a health promotor, health advisor, going to work as a hca etc. For graduates of health studies there is an opportunity to start a master course as an adult or mental health nurse. Its shorted course- lasting for 2 years. But half year before starting the course you're supposed to wprk as a hca graduate in the clinical ward to meet the nmc criteria. Youll need 770hours. All arranged by uni.
Oh I worked as a hca for 2 years now doing my leap well starting tomorrow so what's your advise ? Should I finish my leap year than apply for health studies degree ?
I did the leap course last year and started adult nursing in sept just gone.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending