The Student Room Group

Clubbing clothes for guys?

I'm not sure what kind of clothes to get for clubbing. I haven't really done it a lot before but now I'm going to uni and will start. What do you guys usually wear? I suppose I'd need something with big pockets to keep my wallet, phone, keys and passport (as ID). Don't want to be carrying a bag obviously. It also can't be a coat or anything since I'll be sweating a lot. And it has to look nice.
Any recommendations? Thanks.
Reply 1
Jeans and a T-shirt. Or a button up shirt if it's a fancy place, but that's unlikely at uni.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Jeans and a shirt (or just about any top) will do fine. Some places can store your coat for you so that's an option but you're not carrying that much anyway so don't worry.
Reply 3
Original post by justag
Jeans and a T-shirt. Or a button up shirt if it's a fancy place, but that's unlikely at uni.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah that's simple enough but with jeans pockets I'm too paranoid I'll lose my wallet and especially my passport what with all the jumping and dancing and drinking.
Original post by mrno1324
Yeah that's simple enough but with jeans pockets I'm too paranoid I'll lose my wallet and especially my passport what with all the jumping and dancing and drinking.

You could have one of those small over-the-shoulder bags, they easily fit under your shirt. That's where I'd carry my passport and cash anytime I was abroad.
Reply 6

You'll inevitability take a jacket once it gets colder, so you could stick it in there if you feel comfortable doing so. Or just make sure it's always with you and be careful.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Shirt and jeans. :yy:

This won't happen.
Depends what kind of club you're going to. Usually I'll wear a plain tshirt and jeans to most generic clubs

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by Jamiesonn
Depends what kind of club you're going to. Usually I'll wear a plain tshirt and jeans to most generic clubs

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm going to Tiger Tiger for the Icebreaker if that makes any difference.
Reply 10
Lol it's club wear, no need to fret.
I'm not sure what kind of clothes to get for clubbing. I haven't really done it a lot before but now I'm going to uni and will start. What do you guys usually wear? I suppose I'd need something with big pockets to keep my wallet, phone, keys and passport (as ID). Don't want to be carrying a bag obviously. It also can't be a coat or anything since I'll be sweating a lot. And it has to look nice.
Any recommendations? Thanks.

Keep it simple, put on a nice shirt white, pink, red then pair that with regular/slim/skinny jeans you could also add in a blazer/tweed for the smart casual look and a pair of boots brogues/deserts/chelseas etc. Just make sure you put on proper shoes bouncers are notorious for turning people away for wearing the wrong type shoes.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 12
Get some decent jeans in a good slim fit in black and indigo, Selvedge denim is good quality. For student nights you can get away with a t shirt, or alternatively get yourself a couple of oxford shirts. For shoes, decent trainers should do or some nice black or brown shoes or boots for the stricter places.

If you want to stand out and look well swaggeriffic get yourself a leather jacket, denim jacket, blazer to wear over the top.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 13
You'd be stupid to take your passport out on a night out, get yourself a provisional driving license, it's only like what? £25
Reply 14
Original post by Tom78
You'd be stupid to take your passport out on a night out, get yourself a provisional driving license, it's only like what? £25

I'll do that in the future, but Icebreaker is in three days. A neck wallet will keep my passport safe(and I'll try my best to not let anyone see I'm using a neck wallet).
Original post by Black Cat
Keep it simple, put on a nice shirt white, pink, red then pair that with regular/slim/skinny jeans you could also add in a blazer/tweed for the smart casual look and a pair of boots brogues/deserts/chelseas etc. Just make sure you put on proper shoes bouncers are notorious for turning people away for wearing the wrong type shoes.

Tweed is very warm definitely do not wear it to a club. A lot of people have mentioned jeans, I would like to point out that some clubs don't allow jeans.
Original post by Life_peer

Lawl, lost it when I saw the hair.

Quick Reply

Latest