The Student Room Group

Apprenticeships in the gaming industry?

Until recently I was doing my AS year and after my exams i realised that my ambition to go to university to study law may not be for me since i no longer have any interest in law. At this point, i thought abou twhat i enjoyed the most and it was games so i thought if there was an apprenticeship in the gaming industry. Not anything related to software programming since i suck at maths.

If theres any gaming apprenticeships then i'd love to know.
Reply 1
Original post by Nexuspro
Until recently I was doing my AS year and after my exams i realised that my ambition to go to university to study law may not be for me since i no longer have any interest in law. At this point, i thought abou twhat i enjoyed the most and it was games so i thought if there was an apprenticeship in the gaming industry. Not anything related to software programming since i suck at maths.

If theres any gaming apprenticeships then i'd love to know.

Depends whereabouts you live/want to go so you can check if there are any apprenticeships around. From looking around a little bit, chances are you'll be looking at a Creative and Digital Media Apprenticeship.

http://creativeskillset.org/who_we_help/young_creative_talent/ways_creative_industries/creative_skillset_apprenticeships/filter/creative+and+digital+media+apprenticeship

I don't think there are many 'straight into game design' apprenticeships but if you look around you might find something.

Reply 2
i live in leeds if youre wondering

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending