The Student Room Group

Which of the home nations will get furthest in the rugby World Cup?

Poll

Which of the home nations will get furthest in the rugby World Cup?

Who's going to get the furthest...and can any of the home nations win it?
Jokers voting Scotland :laugh:

I'd be tempted to back Wales since Ireland aren't on there. Almost certain New Zealand will win it, but of the northern hemisphere teams, Ireland have the best chance of dethroning them.
Reply 2
You can't discount the home advantage England have, but the way they're currently playing I'm not sure they'll even make it out the group stages
Ireland are one of the home nations, shouldn't they be there?
I want to believe we can pull through, but we tend to burn out too quickly, we had a great first half, and by second half we got quite tired by the end. Happy with our 35 score all the same!
Reply 5
My rampant patriotism made me vote for Scotland but I know that its a futile excercise :biggrin:.
Reply 6
Wales will struggle with those injuries.
Ireland should be in there they also count as a home nation. and tbh Wales, England and Ireland all look strong and wouldnt surprise me if they could all get to the semis at least. New Zealand should win the lot but they looked a little off against Argentina today
Reply 8
Original post by shooks
Who's going to get the furthest...and can any of the home nations win it?

Two posts already pointed out that Ireland is one of the home nations. (And one implied it).

There are four home nations, not three. Why hasn't the poll been updated?
Original post by Uncle Sol
Two posts already pointed out that Ireland is one of the home nations. (And one implied it).

There are four home nations, not three. Why hasn't the poll been updated?

Noted - thanks all. Brain was in football mode!
I'd say Ireland now they've been added.
Cymru!!!!!!!!

Oh and Paloma Faith's World in Union is sh.....

Quick Reply

Latest