The Student Room Group

Super gonorrhoea from Leeds is spreading!

Scroll to see replies

Oh wow lol.

Well, Leeds must be quite rough, just like most northern areas.

Anyway, I think people just need to be more responsible.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by A level sufferer
I hope we dont get super diarrhoea any time soon

Unfortunately, norovirus season starts soon, it's also a lot easier to catch than gonorrhoea.
I'm one of the only cases in Macclesfield and the NHS are doing anything to help. Please could someone tell me if I'm at risk to spreading to my family via hugs and stuff, and is there a chance I could pass it on to animals like how the Black Death started. I know FA about science so it's really hard to keep it a secret
never sleep with a Northern
Original post by SophieSmall
This is actually a pretty worrying problem. As are all antibiotic resistant diseases. The CDC view it as a major concern, and a global threat up there with terrorism.

good for your career though.
Original post by Foo.mp3
Bless you. Just the odd little nick, no biggie, just stings a little - bit like a paper cut :erm:

Did any fluids come out? So..I happened recently?!
Reply 46
Original post by RevisionPepes
I'm one of the only cases in Macclesfield and the NHS are doing anything to help. Please could someone tell me if I'm at risk to spreading to my family via hugs and stuff, and is there a chance I could pass it on to animals like how the Black Death started. I know FA about science so it's really hard to keep it a secret

Lol you can't spread it through hugs. And if you're spreading it to animals... I wonder what your sex life is like.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Foo.mp3
God no, was just a little nick like a deep paper cut. Happened a while ago now, haven't bothered with my tufty turf in a while as I've not been up to any related shenanigans in a couple of months :innocent:

Oh so you prepare them well before your dates :tongue:
Original post by moonkatt
Unfortunately, norovirus season starts soon, it's also a lot easier to catch than gonorrhoea.

Is that a bad thing if someone works in, say a school?
Original post by thunder_chunky
Is that a bad thing if someone works in, say a school?

It spreads really easily, especially in environments where people are close together, but it's usually self limiting over a few days and doesn't require treating. It is rather unpleasant though.

This gonorrhoea is worrying from a healthcare perspective as it's another disease we've got where our treatment options are being limited, the time will come where there's bugs out there that none of our antibiotics work and that's a pretty scary thing.
Original post by moonkatt

sh*t

Pardon the pun

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending