The Student Room Group

Failed a module but...

Failed a module and the resit I was gutted but I rang up a tutor 2 of them and they said I get to keep my overall mark which was 35 I was really happy but the reason I'm paranoid is because they got the weightings wrong for my year and I'm scared they got this wrong too! I go to leeds

When they say you failed a module at other unis do you still get the marks for that module?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
Anyone
Reply 2
Original post by Lowkey989
Failed a module and the resit I was gutted but I rang up a tutor 2 of them and they said I get to keep my overall mark which was 35 I was really happy but the reason I'm paranoid is because they got the weightings wrong for my year and I'm scared they got this wrong too! I go to leeds

When they say you failed a module at other unis do you still get the marks for that module?
If you don't understand what's been done here, you need to go and have a conversation with the department admin people, who should be able to explain it to you. There should also be some information in your course handbook about how the gradings work and whether you are allowed to fail a non-essential module (this could be what happened here) and still progress to the next year. Whatever you do, make sure you understand the position now, don't leave it.
Reply 3
Original post by Minerva
If you don't understand what's been done here, you need to go and have a conversation with the department admin people, who should be able to explain it to you. There should also be some information in your course handbook about how the gradings work and whether you are allowed to fail a non-essential module (this could be what happened here) and still progress to the next year. Whatever you do, make sure you understand the position now, don't leave it.

Thank you very much I've asked 3 lecturers now and they all said it does count but my paranoia was getting to me! Should I go to them personally and ask them
Reply 4
Thank you very much I've asked 3 lecturers now and they all said it does count but my paranoia was getting to me! Should I go to them personally and ask them
I'd suggest having a chat with one of the department administrators - they should be able to explain to you how it all works.
Reply 5
Original post by Minerva
I'd suggest having a chat with one of the department administrators - they should be able to explain to you how it all works.

Thank you very much for being very helpful very much appreciated 😊
Reply 6
Thank you very much for being very helpful very much appreciated 😊
Good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending