The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Davalla
Talk to the bloody guy ffs.

lol your making me laugh the most :rofl:
Reply 81
Original post by TwinnyP

Is the person using a proxy? So they can't be IP banned or something?

1. Its easy to change your IP address so the person banned can circumvent it
2. IP bans are likely to ban genuine users if they are allocated a banned IP address or an IP address within the banned IP range.

Original post by callum_law
It's more likely that ST don't have the ability to IP ban.

They definitely do have the ability to do so but its simply not feasible. The reality is anyone who wants to get on this forum can get on this forum whether they like it or not. The best approach is to stop banning people, bring in a system of down voting and allow stupid or insulting opinions to be down voted so they can no longer be seen once a certain threshold, set by each user, is reached. This allows users to be in control of the content they wish to see just like on Reddit.

A lot of the problems on here TSR causes itself by banning people permanently. People who get banned permanently have nothing to lose and nothing to gain really so they'll do as they want. They can't get carded as they know a ban is coming their way anyway so they're basically willing to do what they like in the short time that they can post on the site before being banned again.
Original post by Davalla
Talk to the bloody guy ffs.

We're doing our best here! :tongue:
Original post by Gears265
I like my kiwis sliced and diced after I skin them :colone:

steady there :sexface:
@thecatwithnohat you're asleep again, ffs you're missing more drama :rofl:
Original post by RainbowKiwi
steady there :sexface:

Until next time kiwi
Original post by Gears265
Until next time kiwi

Let the game begin m8 *takes a bow*
Original post by whybanme
No you aren't. You are ignoring the other users and myself - I simply want to discuss with you yet you keep permbanning me and either ignoring me or deleting my posts.

If you want this to stop - TALK. DISCUSS.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You deserve it.
Original post by RainbowKiwi
@thecatwithnohat you're asleep again, ffs you're missing more drama :rofl:

Yeah, where is she lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PeaceLee II
No, you need to verify by pressing the link they send you to the email address.

You actually don't. The email address has to be active, but if you're discarding your TSR troll accounts quickly you can pick email names which you know will exist, such as common names, and the people who have access to those email accounts will simply disregard the TSR emails as spam. Yet the troller will have a new swanky troll account regardless.

For a troll, you really do know nothing about TSR's verification protocol.
(edited 8 years ago)
Yeah, where is she lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

She ends up sleeping just as drama unfolds smh :lol:
You actually don't. The email address has to be active, but if you're discarding your TSR accounts you can pick email names which you know will exist, such as common names, and the people who have access to those email accounts will simply disregard the TSR emails as span.

For a troll, you really do know nothing about TSR's verification protocol.

Lol really? See my new thread. I'm not new to making accounts. You're the fool here.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lol really? See my new thread. I'm not new to making accounts. You're the fool here.

I don't really care who you are.
I don't really care who you are.

The point is that you're wrong.
Reply 94
Original post by shadowdweller
We're doing our best here! :tongue:

This guy isn't going to give up. Sooner or later you mods are going to have to go to sleep and thats when he'll plaster the forum with loads of filth. He has nothing to lose from doing so which is the problem with permanently banning people. They can always get back on the forum because proxies exist and they are then more than happy to use that limited time before being banned again to spam the forum with crap.

Numerous threads have been ruined tonight with this nonsense that would not have been ruined if TSR stopped banning people permanently over such trivial things. Also, there's been users exposed to it as well who really shouldn't be getting exposed to it given their ages (vulnerable users).
Original post by Mr JB
This guy isn't going to give up. Sooner or later you mods are going to have to go to sleep and thats when he'll plaster the forum with loads of filth. He has nothing to lose from doing so which is the problem with permanently banning people. They can always get back on the forum because proxies exist and they are then more than happy to use that limited time before being banned again to spam the forum with crap.

Numerous threads have been ruined tonight with this nonsense that would not have been ruined if TSR stopped banning people permanently over such trivial things. Also, there's been users exposed to it as well who really shouldn't be getting exposed to it given their ages (vulnerable users).

I'm not posting any more explicit content - I agree with you. It was a silly immature thing to do.
However the mods refuse to speak to me - all I want to do now is discuss and apologise.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mr JB

I dread to think what'll happen during the day if this guy doesn't stop. That's when children frequent this site :/
Original post by stopbanning
I'm not posting any more explicit content - I agree with you. It was a silly immature thing to do.
However the mods refuse to speak to me - all I want to do now is discuss and apologise.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You still didn't explain why you targeted me, did I do something to offend you? :/
As I've said I won't be doing it any more as I apologise and realise the stupidity of my actions. Mods won't speak to me however and keep banning

It was a random username sorry. I am actually one of your best friends on TSR in my main account

Posted from TSR Mobile

ah ok, appreciate the explanation m8,
Reply 99

The mods are not going to discuss anything with you. The mods on here take a childish approach to absolutely everything and remind me of a partner in a relationship that walks out in a huff when they don't get their own way. Rather than discuss any matters at hand thoroughly, they just resort to the ban button. This is what happens when you put such powers in the hands of volunteers as opposed to people who are actually working in the true interests of the overall business model.

Latest

Trending

Trending