The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
Reply 1
- Waiting for the buses (which are always late or disappearing dispite www.oxontime.com)
- If your campus is on wheatly prepare for long bus journeys.
- student union and safety bus is as good as they made it out to be on visit days.

I will add more when I think of it

+ Great Nights out
+ student support is better than expected
+ Oxford is a great city
+ Sports centre is very good!
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
Reply 2
AeroScap
- Waiting for the buses (which are always late or disappearing dispite www.oxontime.com)
- If your campus is on wheatly prepare for long bus journeys.
- student union and safety bus is as good as they made it out to be on visit days.

I will add more when I think of it

+ Great Nights out
+ student support is better than expected
+ Oxford is a great city
+ Sports centre is very good!

Allow me to pick apart your argument :p: (I'm feeling argumentative, sorry)

you never have to wait for buses. If you call 10 minutes tops a long wait, then fair enough.
Travelling to wheatley from the main campus takes 20 minutes, some times less. It really isn't a problem.
Safety bus is good, but this you do have to wait a hell of a long time for... and be prepared to be ignored if you're not female and give the impression of not being incredibly vulnerable. I walk home from town now. With a beer jacket on, its not that bad tbh. 20 minute walk I reckon. Perhaps a tad longer.

I'm not going to add any more of my own opinions given every other thread here is angled at the positives and negatives of the uni. My advice to the OP would be to just look through some of the threads here to get your answers, unless you have a more specific question that requires an answer.
Reply 3
WHeatl Campus? im not sure which mine would be, im doing languages - does any one know? Thanks for help so far, the buses seem annoying altho id presume thats what it is like with alot of other unis too
Reply 4
Mccarroll
WHeatl Campus? im not sure which mine would be, im doing languages - does any one know? Thanks for help so far, the buses seem annoying altho id presume thats what it is like with alot of other unis too

Languages aren't at Wheatley, I know that. It's mainly business and computer related things at Wheatley. Presumably you'll be at the main Gipsy Lane Campus.
Reply 5
brookes is a cool uni to go to because its forward thinking - it has a different vibe to it than others, something about the attitudes of the staff and students makes it different. oxford can be very leftfield as a place generally, and the students can be a bit more open minded. i like the fact that its a new university that is now rivaling the older institutes - i suppose everybody likes a winning underdog. in no way would i trade a place at brookes for a place at oxford, i had too much fun.
Steezy20
Allow me to pick apart your argument :p: (I'm feeling argumentative, sorry)

you never have to wait for buses. If you call 10 minutes tops a long wait, then fair enough.

depends which bus you're waiting for! i've waited 50 odd minutes for the U5 on several occasions and they are meant to come evey half an hour. i was not impressed!
Reply 7
im amazed at all this bus talk. when i was there the buses were frequent and regular - a bus from headington to city centre every few mins, literally.
Reply 8
The Boosh
im amazed at all this bus talk. when i was there the buses were frequent and regular - a bus from headington to city centre every few mins, literally.

Yeah, there are buses from headington to city centre literally every minute... just not brookes buses that first years can get on with for free.

However, with your brookes pass, you can get on selected stagecoach buses for 70p no matter how far. Hardly the end of the world tbh.

Latest

Trending

Trending