The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

University of Bath applicants for 2016 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by beaverhausen
I submitted my ucas in October but didn't get an offer from Bath until quite late around March time

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, do you know of anyone that received offers for psych earlier than March, and if so when? Thanks!
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Reply 81
Original post by emcowens
Hi, congratulations! I've applied for the same course at Bath (haven't heard anything back yet). Can I ask what their offer was? :smile:

I wouldn't threat, my application was received like 3 weeks ago and I got my offer yesterday at 5pm so I was probably top of the pile.
I thought id get contextual (mental health and stuff...) but I got the normal offer of AAA.
Good luck to you! :smile:
Reply 82
anyone applying for maths with econ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by xeniadmt
anyone applying for maths with econ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

:eek4: the modules you can do are like 80% Maths and 20% Economics! And one or two of the Maths ones are pretty tough! But good luck :redface:
Reply 84
Original post by SeanFM
:eek4: the modules you can do are like 80% Maths and 20% Economics! And one or two of the Maths ones are pretty tough! But good luck :redface:

are you studying at Bath? and if so what?

Posted from TSR Mobile
are you studying at Bath? and if so what?

Posted from TSR Mobile

A course called Mathematical Sciences, and I'm in my second year. I did 8 of the modules that you would be studying if you chose Bath in the first year, and this year I'm doing 7 of the modules that you would be doing in your second year.
Reply 86
Original post by rvas
Applying for the BSc Psychology with placement year!! Sending my app off this week. Anyone else applying for Psychology or currently taking the IB??

I've applied for the same course! Sent my application off last Thursday, where else have you applied? :smile: :smile:
just got an offer for politics with economics!!!!
Reply 88
Original post by SeanFM
A course called Mathematical Sciences, and I'm in my second year. I did 8 of the modules that you would be studying if you chose Bath in the first year, and this year I'm doing 7 of the modules that you would be doing in your second year.

how is your experience there? is it hard and hows the social life?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sazzledazzle
just got an offer for politics with economics!!!!

Congrats. :borat:

how is your experience there? is it hard and hows the social life?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've posted a bit about Bath and the accommodation I stayed in in this thread.

I'll also add your question about the social life to the FAQs.

Some of the Maths modules are difficult. The first year wasn't very difficult, though there was one completely puzzling module (Algebra 1A) and another one which isn't part of Econ with Maths. It was kind of settling in, bridging the gap between A-level and degree level Mathematics and you didn't need to be in the library 24/7 for it.

The second year, so far, seems to be noticeably more difficult. Algebra 2A is more confusing than Algebra 1A, and Probability has jumped a bit as well.

I don't really like algebra or mechanics so those bits of the course weren't really interesting but the other bits have their moments.

As for the social life, there are over 80 societies (with a few more being added this year like a Live Action group, and a friend is hoping to set up a Bridge society). These societies have socials which can be pretty interesting - like the comedy society is going to see a few comedians from Mock The Week, but sometimes the socials are just getting together and going to a particular bar/club.

There are also a lot of people involved in sports and they do socials as well. It's a good way to make friends, stay fit and stick something on your CV.

There's almost always something going on at the centre of campus - perhaps some SU officers (Students' Union) are there for people to talk to, or a society is raising money for charity or selling things, people advertising theatre productions, companies like EY setting up stands and talking to people, occasionally some singing and dancing.

The SU has a few things going on during the week - a quiz and a few themed nights. There's also happy hour and some snooker tables/darts, which are pretty busy most of the time! They also show football matches/rugby from time to time, and the atmosphere is incredible, though it can get really, really packed.

In town there's a nice ODEON Cinema as well as a smaller independent one. There's also a Nandos and some other fast food chains, a place called Komedia, as well as loads of shops and bars (Belushi's and Molloy's seem to be popular). There are a few options for clubbing, like XL, Bridge and Weir Lounge (which may have been renamed). Bristol is not too far away so if you wanted to you could hop on a train and go there for a night out.

Almost all of the people I've met are nice/friendly people as well.
What's the typical notification time for an offer?
Reply 91
Original post by SeanFM
Congrats. :borat:

I've posted a bit about Bath and the accommodation I stayed in in this thread.

I'll also add your question about the social life to the FAQs.

Some of the Maths modules are difficult. The first year wasn't very difficult, though there was one completely puzzling module (Algebra 1A) and another one which isn't part of Econ with Maths. It was kind of settling in, bridging the gap between A-level and degree level Mathematics and you didn't need to be in the library 24/7 for it.

The second year, so far, seems to be noticeably more difficult. Algebra 2A is more confusing than Algebra 1A, and Probability has jumped a bit as well.

I don't really like algebra or mechanics so those bits of the course weren't really interesting but the other bits have their moments.

As for the social life, there are over 80 societies (with a few more being added this year like a Live Action group, and a friend is hoping to set up a Bridge society). These societies have socials which can be pretty interesting - like the comedy society is going to see a few comedians from Mock The Week, but sometimes the socials are just getting together and going to a particular bar/club.

There are also a lot of people involved in sports and they do socials as well. It's a good way to make friends, stay fit and stick something on your CV.

There's almost always something going on at the centre of campus - perhaps some SU officers (Students' Union) are there for people to talk to, or a society is raising money for charity or selling things, people advertising theatre productions, companies like EY setting up stands and talking to people, occasionally some singing and dancing.

The SU has a few things going on during the week - a quiz and a few themed nights. There's also happy hour and some snooker tables/darts, which are pretty busy most of the time! They also show football matches/rugby from time to time, and the atmosphere is incredible, though it can get really, really packed.

In town there's a nice ODEON Cinema as well as a smaller independent one. There's also a Nandos and some other fast food chains, a place called Komedia, as well as loads of shops and bars (Belushi's and Molloy's seem to be popular). There are a few options for clubbing, like XL, Bridge and Weir Lounge (which may have been renamed). Bristol is not too far away so if you wanted to you could hop on a train and go there for a night out.

Almost all of the people I've met are nice/friendly people as well.

this was really helpfull thank you!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
this was really helpfull thank you!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

No problem :smile:

And sorry to do this to you, but I've been writing a blog of what it's like to be a student at Bath here and it may be of interest to you.
Original post by Student403
What's the typical notification time for an offer?

i applied last thursday and got one today!
i applied last thursday and got one today!

Congrats!!! I'm really happy for you :biggrin: Which course?
Original post by Student403
Congrats!!! I'm really happy for you :biggrin: Which course?

politics with economics! entry requirements were AAA but they've offered me a reduced offer of AAB which i'm shocked about!
politics with economics! entry requirements were AAA but they've offered me a reduced offer of AAB which i'm shocked about!

Great job!!
Original post by Abbie_1511
Hiya!
I'm applying for Chemical Engineering MEng with year in industry.
Got AAAAA in AS in Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Maths and Further Maths. predicted A*A*A
Really hoping for an offer soon I haven't got any yet!
Also applied to Imperial, Birmingham Sheffield and Nottingham :smile:

Hey, im applying for chem eng with a year in industry too! Also applying to Birmingham, Sheffield and Nottingham, but my other choice is Leeds. Have you heard back from any yet?
Original post by lydiar98
Hey, im applying for chem eng with a year in industry too! Also applying to Birmingham, Sheffield and Nottingham, but my other choice is Leeds. Have you heard back from any yet?

No I haven't heard anything :frown: applied on the 9th
What about you?
Original post by Abbie_1511
No I haven't heard anything :frown: applied on the 9th
What about you?

ah okay, dont worry im sure you'll hear soon. I havn't sent mine off yet, trying to get this personal statement right, don't want to wait too long though if they're giving out offers already!

Quick Reply

Latest