The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

University of Bath applicants for 2016 entry

...because it's never too early. :woo:

***Title should be University of Bath Applicants 2015/16 - students applying for deferred entry are also welcome. Sorry! :colondollar:

This thread is to bring together people who are considering applying to Bath.

As an icebreaker you may wish to post what you're currently studying and what course you hope to study at university.

I'll update this post with useful links as and when I find them.

Useful links:

A prospectus - a link to the different subjects as well as more handy things on the side.

2016 prospectus - warning: massive file! Slightly different to the webpages and some of the entry requirements are slightly different (eg Biosciences) but the webpages are said to have the correct entry requirements.

University Connect - Connect to other applicants here, past and present.

Official TSR representative - a thread for the official representatives of Bath.

Shameful plugging of a blog I've just started - sorry! In fairness it will be to do with all things studying at Bath.

Open days - information about them and other ways to visit Bath and the campus.
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hey,

I'm from London applying to study at the University of Bath for 2016 entry to study Sports and exercise or the new course Physical activity and health. At sixth form I currently study BTEC Sport Extended Diploma, I have a love for sports always have so I thought I would carry it on at university. I haven't seen Bath university personally yet however I am going to see it in October.

How about yourself what do you currently and plan on studying ? Did you attend the open day ?
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Studying Physics, Chemistry, Maths and Further Maths and I'm applying for the 5 year physics course :smile:.
Original post by Messier31
Studying Physics, Chemistry, Maths and Further Maths and I'm applying for the 5 year physics course :smile:.

Hey :smile:, 5 years what does that entail ?
Original post by Crazyjoesmith
Hey :smile:, 5 years what does that entail ?

Masters as well as a 1 year professional placement.

I haven't visited Bath either but everyone I know who has gone there has liked it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have heard good things too I can't wait too see it. Ahh I was considering doing that with the masters but I think I might do it separately
Hey,

I'm from London applying to study at the University of Bath for 2016 entry to study Sports and exercise or the new course Physical activity and health. At sixth form I currently study BTEC Sport Extended Diploma, I have a love for sports always have so I thought I would carry it on at university. I haven't seen Bath university personally yet however I am going to see it in October.

How about yourself what do you currently and plan on studying ? Did you attend the open day ?

Hi, fellow Londoner! :five:

Trying a new course (if you go with that) sounds great! The amount of sports talent at Bath is pretty amazing, you'll fit right in.

I'm actually in my second year here already, studying Maths. Going to an open day is great - I've heard people figuring out whether or not a uni 'feels right' for them.

Very impressive! :hat2:

What are you hoping to do after uni?
Original post by SeanFM

I have no idea which is to an extent the reason for the 5 year course :colondollar:
Original post by SeanFM
Hi, fellow Londoner! :five:

Trying a new course (if you go with that) sounds great! The amount of sports talent at Bath is pretty amazing, you'll fit right in.

I'm actually in my second year here already, studying Maths. Going to an open day is great - I've heard people figuring out whether or not a uni 'feels right' for them.

I hope to fit in haha :smile: oh I couldn't make it to an open day so me and my mate are coming to visit in October because we heard there is a possible where you can come at anytime during the term to look around so that's what we play on doing. Oh after uni I want to go into physiotherapy.
Reply 9
From Manchester studying bio, chem and geography, hoping to apply for pharmacy :smile:
I have no idea which is to an extent the reason for the 5 year course :colondollar:

I see! No worries, you'll probably find something you really like, either on a placement or while studying. If you firm. Bath, or any university that participates, the BP scholarship may be of interest to you. http://www.bath.ac.uk/study/ug/funding/scholarships/bp-scholarships/index.html

I hope to fit in haha :smile: oh I couldn't make it to an open day so me and my mate are coming to visit in October because we heard there is a possible where you can come at anytime during the term to look around so that's what we play on doing. Oh after uni I want to go into physiotherapy.

http://www.bath.ac.uk/study/ug/opendays/

Yep, the info is all there. :smile:

And it's great that you have it all worked out!
Original post by SeanFM
I see! No worries, you'll probably find something you really like, either on a placement or while studying. If you firm. Bath, or any university that participates, the BP scholarship may be of interest to you. http://www.bath.ac.uk/study/ug/funding/scholarships/bp-scholarships/index.html

http://www.bath.ac.uk/study/ug/opendays/

Yep, the info is all there. :smile:

And it's great that you have it all worked out!

Thank you for the link I will look at it now :smile:
In Yorkshire, applying for the BSc Social Sciences course with placement, currently studying Eng Lit, Psychology and Music (predicted A*A*A) :smile:

Haven't even visited Bath, really need to!
Original post by Cal-lum
In Yorkshire, applying for the BSc Social Sciences course with placement, currently studying Eng Lit, Psychology and Music (predicted A*A*A) :smile:

Haven't even visited Bath, really need to!

Nice predicted grades.:redface:

I've added a link on the first post to information about open days - they're really worth it. :smile:
Original post by SeanFM
Nice predicted grades.:redface:

I've added a link on the first post to information about open days - they're really worth it. :smile:

Thanks! I'll definitely arrange to go down for a campus tour soon :smile:
Applying for Politics and International Relations with placement with IB predictions of 41 points and 776 HL :smile:
Got an offer for Economics with a Placement Year!

Predicted A*A*A*A with 8A* 3A at GCSE.

It's my first offer so far, this is really exciting! :h:
Original post by Nijuuninichi
Got an offer for Economics with a Placement Year!

Predicted A*A*A*A with 8A* 3A at GCSE.

It's my first offer so far, this is really exciting! :h:

Well done I can't wait to send my application off. My school isn't letting me send mine yet because they have to help the Oxbridge people first I want to hurry up and get an offer.
Well done I can't wait to send my application off. My school isn't letting me send mine yet because they have to help the Oxbridge people first I want to hurry up and get an offer.

That must be annoying! I'm applying from Cambridge, so luckily I didn't have to suffer through that. :tongue: I was in a huge rush to send off my application though. I'd been stressing out about it all summer so I wanted it to be out of my hands ASAP.
Original post by Nijuuninichi
That must be annoying! I'm applying from Cambridge, so luckily I didn't have to suffer through that. :tongue: I was in a huge rush to send off my application though. I'd been stressing out about it all summer so I wanted it to be out of my hands ASAP.

Yup it is annoying oo Cambridge, yeah your were lucky. I just really hope I get an offer for Bath if not than Exeter. I haven't seen Bath yet I'm going on Wednesday I cant wait :smile:.

Quick Reply

Latest