The Student Room Group
University of York
York

BA in Sociology with Social Psychology

Hi there,

Has anyone here had any experiences with this degree? What are your impressions? And why is it a BA course, and not BSc (the approach to studies is less scientific I presume)?

Thanks a lot in advance.
Original post by tolik-jackson
Hi there,

Has anyone here had any experiences with this degree? What are your impressions? And why is it a BA course, and not BSc (the approach to studies is less scientific I presume)?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Hi there,

I hope some current students will be able to give you their personal experiences of the degree, but to answer the last part of your question:

The degree is fundamentally a Sociology degree and it is not BPS accredited. It is not as narrowly scientific as a standard psychology degree. It would suit students who are interested in social psychology (e.g. Zimbardo, Milgram etc) and how identity is constructed in everyday, naturalistic environments.

I hope this helps and if you have any more questions please do get in touch.

Thanks,

Gareth Millington
Admissions Tutor for Sociology
University of York
York
Original post by University of York
Hi there,

I hope some current students will be able to give you their personal experiences of the degree, but to answer the last part of your question:

The degree is fundamentally a Sociology degree and it is not BPS accredited. It is not as narrowly scientific as a standard psychology degree. It would suit students who are interested in social psychology (e.g. Zimbardo, Milgram etc) and how identity is constructed in everyday, naturalistic environments.

I hope this helps and if you have any more questions please do get in touch.

Thanks,

Gareth Millington
Admissions Tutor for Sociology

Thank you very much indeed, Gareth.

Quick Reply

Latest