The Student Room Group

A Levels for Law Degree

I am currently in year 12 and I have been considering Law for my uni degree for a while now. I live in the South but have been looking at the University of Liverpool as it is a Russell Group university but the entry requirements are only ABB (the lowest I could fine as most others are AAB or AAA).

I got decent GCSEs; mostly B grades, 2 As, no A*s an a few Cs; failed 2 subjects - one being History.
C in Maths, B in English Lang and an A In Lit.

For A Level I am doing only 3 subjects:
English Literature
Philosophy and Ethics
ICT

I feel the first two are fine but not sure about the ICT now as it is more vocational and the skills learnt won't be relevant despite it is quite essay based. English Lit is traditional essay based which is good, and Philo is also essayed based and not too unconventional I don't think.

What're your thoughts?
Thanks!x
Reply 1
I think that English Lit and Philosophy will look really good when you apply, especially if you get good predicted grades in them so work hard! Not sure about the ICT, it will definitely work in your favour if you change to a less vocational subject. Even business studies or psychology would be better! It's not too late to change either and I think it will defo work in your favour!
Original post by maggiedavies
I am currently in year 12 and I have been considering Law for my uni degree for a while now. I live in the South but have been looking at the University of Liverpool as it is a Russell Group university but the entry requirements are only ABB (the lowest I could fine as most others are AAB or AAA).

I got decent GCSEs; mostly B grades, 2 As, no A*s an a few Cs; failed 2 subjects - one being History.
C in Maths, B in English Lang and an A In Lit.

For A Level I am doing only 3 subjects:
English Literature
Philosophy and Ethics
ICT

I feel the first two are fine but not sure about the ICT now as it is more vocational and the skills learnt won't be relevant despite it is quite essay based. English Lit is traditional essay based which is good, and Philo is also essayed based and not too unconventional I don't think.

What're your thoughts?
Thanks!x

Looks fine.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending