The Student Room Group
Reply 1
That is probably the same sort of rating, maybe the step rating is harder...
Reply 2
They say the AEA offer is easier to meet. Don't take the chance though, do both!
Reply 3
AEA is a hell of a lot easier then STEP !! hehe well its easier i know that :biggrin:
qwerty3
AEA is a hell of a lot easier then STEP !! hehe well its easier i know that :biggrin:

Just a question, are you taking AEA and STEP just for fun? As you have not applied to Cambridge/Warwick, and none of your unis require these exams.
Reply 5
The Orientalist
Just a question, are you taking AEA and STEP just for fun? As you have not applied to Cambridge/Warwick, and none of your unis require these exams.

yep yep its all for fun i couldnt be bothered to even try for oxford/cambridge too much work to prepare for and warwick is in the middle of a field and i didnt like it:P
Reply 6
If i do both and fail or not meet the required standard in one of them can i still get in warwick?
Reply 7
depends what your offer is if its the normal offer of STEP I (2) / AEA (Merit) then doing either one is ok if you do both you only need to meet it in one of the 2.
It will be VERY difficult. But if you just SLIGHTLY missed out on the entry requirements AND they have a few places left, they MIGHT take you. The fact that they give out offers to so many people is compensated by how incredibly strict they are with people who even slightly missed out on the entry requirements. So do your best to satisfy one of the entry requirements.
Reply 9
Abra
If i do both and fail or not meet the required standard in one of them can i still get in warwick?

The requirement is 2 in STEP OR Merit in AEA. You only need to meet one of those to fulfill that part of the offer.
Imagine that, AAAa2+Merit :biggrin:

Latest