The Student Room Group

Go to university or not to go.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by victoriajackson
first year at university is usually a recap of A level material not everyone is on the same page because of different boards and stuff. My friend does Maths at the University of Leeds and she didn't do further maths and she'd doing fine although she says it's hard. I'd say go for it you'll have the best years of your life as well.

I was only planning on staying in London, otherwise I would have to branch out further outside, for example, Plymouth, Aberystwyth etc.. I did get into universities last uni but I didn't feel like I wanted to go, because of distance.. Greenwich is really close so I'm going to give them a call up, Monday..
Original post by RayP
Should I try find a school around my area that can take me on, because I am pretty bad at self studying.. And I know that at uni you need that skill. If so should I pay to do FM course?

actually I heard it's not good to take a gap year if you're planning to study mathematics. and I'm not sure if schools will still take you on? you'll need to sit it privately I think? so that will probably require self studying. also it's quite expensive

Posted from TSR Mobile
In my opinion, university is worth going. You should go for it! Good luck!
if you are female a degree in anything increases your chance of earning decent money. For a man a maths degree is one of the ones worth paying for.

You should be able to do further maths for free at a local college, they may want you to do additional courses for their own funding reasons. A maths degree is a big step up from school and you may struggle without further maths. Do further maths or an OU course.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending