The Student Room Group

Impressive Gap Year?

I'm taking a gap year before uni. I tried applying to stuff like Pinsent Masons but didn't get in. I'm trying to plan something else.

But what would look impressive to a university? What are some original gap year ideas?
Original post by TH3
I'm taking a gap year before uni. I tried applying to stuff like Pinsent Masons but didn't get in. I'm trying to plan something else.

But what would look impressive to a university? What are some original gap year ideas?

It's way more important to do something that you want to do. You're still young, this is a great opportunity to work towards a goal or dream.

It's a huge mistake to go into it with the mindset of "what will look good to x institution or y employer", because you'll most likely be miserable.
Reply 2
TH3
OP
Original post by Don John
It's way more important to do something that you want to do. You're still young, this is a great opportunity to work towards a goal or dream.

It's a huge mistake to go into it with the mindset of "what will look good to x institution or y employer", because you'll most likely be miserable.

I know what you mean. But, I'm not really sure what I want to do. I was hoping to do something other than travelling (won't really be able to afford it). That's why I wanted to try out a lot of different stuff. And some law-related to help me know what kind of law might be interesting for me

I think I'm looking for ideas more than anything. I've looked at lists but they all seem a bit clichéd. I want to do something unusual but also fun
Reply 3
Original post by TH3
I know what you mean. But, I'm not really sure what I want to do. I was hoping to do something other than travelling (won't really be able to afford it). That's why I wanted to try out a lot of different stuff. And some law-related to help me know what kind of law might be interesting for me

I think I'm looking for ideas more than anything. I've looked at lists but they all seem a bit clichéd. I want to do something unusual but also fun

As long as you have used your time productively an employer won't question it. It doesn't need to be something fancy - even a normal job in a shop for example to earn travelling money is perfectly okay.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending