The Student Room Group

LSE Economics taking a while to get back?

Anyone finding that the LSE's MSc. Econ decisions are taking a while to come back? Or is it just me?

I applied eleven weeks ago and still haven't heard. There is a 10-day break in there, for the holidays and whatnot, but still - it's definitely longer than the purported 8 week turnaround. Should I be worried?
Reply 1
Same here. I applied to the MSc Accounting and Finance program on October 21st. They haven't replied, yet. I called up grad admissions, but they gave me a generic 'too many applications' answer.
Reply 2
really? and they haven't said anything else at all?

see, the thing that worries me is that they might have misplaced my application, or something like that.

eh...hopefully news will come soon. maybe they're busy with the ugrad and Ph. D. apps...?
Reply 3
id phone up. its only after i emailed warwick that they found out they lost one of my references. its delayed my application.
Reply 4
@MMM1313- I called the Graduate Admission Team about 15 days back. I got a generic answer. The usual 'too many applications' answer. I think I should call the Accounting and Finance dept. next time.

I hope they wouldn't have misplaced my documents. I wrote my name, date of birth and application number on each of the documents that I sent to LSE. But, as the online track says that all my documents have passed check, I think the delay is more because I'm a marginal candidate than anything else.
LSE are poorly organised. Don't worry.
Reply 6
@anandbatra: I'm guessing its not that we're marginal candidates, just because they could easily have waitlisted us and been done with it - right? But I dunno, I might be a marginal candidate myself, so maybe you're right...

The concern I have is that docs might have gotten misplaced at the Econ dept, as opposed to the admissions office - but I suppose the documents are all sitting at the admissions office in electronic form, so this could be fixed quickly...

Ugh, I hate to complain but it's just irritating - I can't make any plans that are even intermediate-term, since i don't know what's going on!
Reply 7
MMM1313

Ugh, I hate to complain but it's just irritating - I can't make any plans that are even intermediate-term, since i don't know what's going on!

True. I want to pay my deposit to Cass or Cranfield and get over with it. But, with LSE yet to reply, I can't proceed any further. :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending