The Student Room Group

When should i start revising for my AS

Hi I just wanted to know when should I start revising for my AS, and how long for each day
Revise for your mocks like they were your actual exams, look at your grades and adjust accordingly
Original post by Jayt345
Hi I just wanted to know when should I start revising for my AS, and how long for each day

START EARLY - Im doing A2 atm and I started just before Easter which was NOT WISE. Do a little every day - make sure your notes are DONE by Easter so all you need to do is read them. DONT take AS for granted; I know i did. What you do this year is v important for A2

Good luck!
It's completely subjective - I had teachers telling me to start revising in February/March and, due to work pressures and other commitments I just never found the time so ended up starting over Easter. For me, this was fine and I got what I wanted - anything longer than 6 weeks and I would have just started forgetting everything all over again :/. I have friends who started a long time before me and did a lot worse, and friends who started after me who achieved the same results I did. It's up to you how you learn and revise best (you must have some idea after your GCSEs) but beware the "superficial" revision - loads of post-it notes and carefully colour-coded spider diagrams that make you feel like you've done loads of revision but, actually, when it comes down to it, you don't know the material. Keep testing yourself!

Quick Reply

Latest