The Student Room Group

Laugh more, live longer

Is it true that if you laugh (a lot) it increases your chances of living longer? My friend told me this and i don't whether or not I should believe him.
I just laugh at people when they tell me that.
Original post by booksandcats
Is it true that if you laugh (a lot) it increases your chances of living longer? My friend told me this and i don't whether or not I should believe him.

I don't know. It makes sense that happier people would live longer, and I'm sure happier people also laugh more, but I can't say whether there's any causation there.
Studies have found a correlation between laughter, happiness and longevity of life. However many of these studies have been criticised by peer reviews for their poor methodologies and point out their lack of causal evidence to suggest laughter actually causes a longer life.

Sooo, basically the jury is out on this one. But it can't really hurt to at least try to laugh a bit more often.

http://www.researchgate.net/publication/11900915_Humor_laughter_and_Physical_Health_methodological_issues_and_research_findings
Original post by WoodyMKC
I just laugh at people when they tell me that.

You're giving them what they want! Who'll be laughing when you live longer? hmmmm? :tongue:
Original post by SophieSmall
You're giving them what they want! Who'll be laughing when you live longer? hmmmm? :tongue:

Not them obviously :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending